Men's Interclub Team Championship
March 27-28, 2018
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Las Colinas||6,215 yds. 70.2/124|
|El Campeón||6,201 yds. 70.1/131|
|20 MPH winds||75 °F|
|Beautiful day||77 °F|
The Interclub season includes a six week regular season, two rounds of playoffs, and a State Championship held on March 27-28. The Interclub Matches are a state-wide competition between clubs. Last year, 124 clubs throughout the state competed for the chance to be named Champion!
- 36 holes of net stableford stroke play - highest team stableford point total wins
- Net stableford points are allotted as follows: double eagle - 5 points, eagle - 4 points, birdie - 3 points, par - 2 points, bogey - 1 point, double bogey or higher - 0 points
- Teams that win their Region advance to the Championship
- 8 players per team play in each Championship round
- All players play to their lowest index (LI) for the previous 12 months
- Club must be an FSGA-GHIN member
- A valid Florida-GHIN handicap index not exceeding 18.4
- Entrants are not required to be a member of the FSGA
- Further eligibility answers can be found on the Interclub Rules of Play
$50 per team for the duration of the season. For regular season and playoff matches, there will be no green fees. However, a club may charge a "typical" cart fee which may not exceed $30 in any case. There is no additional fee for the Championship.
- Must have a Florida GHIN Handicap no higher than 18.4.
- All players will play to their lowest index (LI) for the previous 12 months
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, March 27th
- 8:00 AM - Round One shotgun start Las Colinas Course
Wednesday, March 28th
- 8:00 AM - Final Round shotgun start El Campeon Course
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
- Approximately 6,200 yards
Round One and Round Two: 8:00 AM shotgun start.
Practice Round and Practice Facility Information
Practice rounds available Sunday and Monday, March 25-26 on a space available basis at the rate of $40 plus tax. Mission Inn accepts cash, Visa and MasterCard. Please call 352-324-3932 to arrange your practice round.
Also, the Championship Committee is permitting practice on any competition course or part of any course on any day of or between rounds of the Championship. As a result, competitors are allowed to play a practice round on the course remaining to be played after the first round.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
The Country Club of Silver Springs Shores dominated the 2017 Interclub finals at Ocala National Golf Club. Silver Springs Shores posted the highest stableford score each day as they cruised past the other 8 regional champions with a two day total of 414 points.
- Spectators - Only players are allowed to ride in carts. Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Mission Inn is offering Deluxe accommodations for single or double occupancy at the rate of $160 per night plus $16 resort fee plus 11% state and local tax. Please call 1-800-874-9053 to reserve a room. A deposit of $195.36 will be required.
Method of Payments
Please mail a check for the $50 registration fee made payable to the FSGA to:
Florida State Golf Association
Attn: Men's Interclub
12630 Telecom Drive
Tampa, FL 33637
Click here for directions to Mission Inn Resort.