Women's International Four-Ball
February 13-14, 2019
WELLINGTON, Fla. — Ina Kim and Meghan Stasi captured the win at the 72nd Women’s International Four-Ball Championship on Thursday at The Wanderers Club. The pair shot a pair of 69s during the two-day event to finish at 6-under 138.
This was Stasi’s fifth International Four-Ball victory and her first since 2014, when she won with partner Tara Joy-Connelly. Kim was a first-time winner.
Three teams were tied at the top of the leaderboard following the first round on Wednesday. Kim and Stasi, Katie Miller and Lauren Greenlief, and Megan Buck and Shannon Johnson all posted a 3-under 69 in the first round.
Defending champions Miller and Greenlief pulled into an early lead on Thursday, after a birdie on the second hole by Miller. The pair carded a bogey-free front nine to hold the lead heading into the final nine. Johnson, the 2018 U.S. Mid-Amateur champion, birdied the 10th hole to put her and Buck into a tie for first place.
Kim and Stasi made the turn at 2-over on the day after bogeys on the eighth and ninth holes.
The two Florida natives recorded six birdies to propel themselves back to the top of the leaderboard. Stasi birdied the 10th hole, while Kim went on a run, birding five of the next seven holes.
The pair bogeyed the 18th to post a final-round 69 and secure the win.
Miller and Greenlief took second place, finishing with a 4-under 140, while Buck and Johnson took third place at 2-under 142.
In the middle division, Christine Martin and Patrisa Handley took home first place, carding a 9-over 153. The pair shot a 6-over 78 in the first round and secured the win with a 3-over 75 in the final round.
Jennifer Fox and Patti Petersen were victorious in the middle first division, finishing the championship with a 19-over 163. Fox and Petersen posted a 6-over 78 on Wednesday and finished with a 13-over 85.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||5,910 yds. 75.0/134|
|Middle||5,289 yds. 71.7/127|
|Rain & Wind||64 °F|
Please join us for the 72nd Women's International Four-Ball to be conducted at The Wanderers Club in Wellington, Florida. This historic championship is being held at one of the finest clubs in Palm Beach County and is the last stop on the Orange Blossom Tour. The Orange Blossom Tour consists of the Harder Hall, SALLY and Ione. Jones/Doherty. For a look at the 2018 Championship Results click here.
$550 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, Tuesday evening cocktail reception with heavy hor d'oeuvres (cash bar), breakfast before and lunch after both Wednesday and Thursday's rounds, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golfers
- Both entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 18.0 at time of entry
- Entrants are not required to be a member of the FSGA
- Championship Division - At time of entry, all teams in the Championship Division must have a combined team handicap index of 14.0 or less
- Middle Division - 95% of each player's handicap will be used. The course handicap differential between partners may be no more than eight (8) strokes. (If the differential is more than eight (8) strokes, the higher course handicap will be reduced to allow for the difference)
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play, (commonly known as a two-person, best-ball)
- Two divisions - Championship and Middle
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 48 teams
How to Enter
To enter, both you and your partner will need to have created a free, online account at this website. Once both of you have accounts, you will be able to select your partner and submit an entry. If you and your partner already have an account, you will not need to create another account.
How Entries are Classified
- Championship Division Exempt
- Championship Division Non-Exempt
- Middle Division
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
The Committee reserves the right to accept Non-Exempt entries into the field based upon an applicant's or team's exceptional playing resume.
(teams must remain intact)
- Top five teams and tied from last year's Women's International Four-Ball (Championship Division Only)
- Last five year's Women's International Four-Ball Champions (Championship Division Only)
- Any team playing in last year's U.S. Women's Four-Ball Championship
- Last year's TRANS Four-Ball Champions (Championship Division Only)
- Last year's Florida Women's Four-Ball Champions (Championship Division Only)
Team Exemption by Individual Accomplishment
(both players must meet one of the following criteria)
- Rank within the top 1,000 and tied of the Women's World Amateur Golf Rankings as of the entry open date
- Top 10 and tied from last year's Harder Hall Invitational
- Top 10 and tied from last year's South Atlantic Women's Amateur (SALLY)
- Last year's Ione D. Jones/Doherty Women's Amateur Semifinalists
- Any player participating in last year's U.S. Women's Open Championship
- Any player participating in last year's U.S. Women's Amateur Championship
How Entries are Processed
- Two thirds (32 teams) of the entire field will be held for the Championship Division
- One third (16 teams) of the entire field will be held for the Middle Division
- Middle Division teams will be processed on a first come first served basis upon entries opening
- After any Division reaches maximum capacity, entries will be placed on an alternates list for that Division on a first come first served basis
- Any withdrawals from either Division will be filled by an alternate from that Division's alternate list on a first come first served basis
- When a Division's alternate list is exhausted, an alternate from the other Division will be used to fill an open spot
- A team cannot switch Divisions after the close of entries
- If a team changes Divisions after submitting an entry, and that Division is full, that team will be placed on the bottom of that Division's alternates list
- Through Wednesday, November 21st (one week after entries open)
- Championship Division Exempt entries will be processed on a first come first served basis up until the Championship Division reaches capacity
- After Wednesday, November 21st
- Championship Division Non-Exempt entries will be processed on a first come first served basis up until the Championship Division reaches capacity
- After Wednesday, November 28th (two weeks after entries open)
- Remaining spots from either the Championship or Middle Division will be released and any remaining alternates will fill the open spots on a first come first served basis until the field reaches its maximum capacity of 48 teams
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Teams must select their division at the time of entry:
- Championship Division - 6,000 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 5,300 yards (Gross & Net)
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, February 12th
- 1:00 PM – Shotgun Practice Round
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM – Players’ Cocktail Reception - Included with entry fee (cash bar)
Wednesday, February 13th
- 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM – Breakfast at the club - included with entry fee (upstairs - Main Ballroom)
- 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM – Player Registration (outside Golf Shop)
- 8:00 AM - 9:50 AM – Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) – First Round luncheon - included with entry fee (upstairs - Main Ballroom)
Thursday, February 14th
- 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM – Breakfast at the club - included with entry fee (upstairs - Main Ballroom)
- 9:00 AM – Final Round Shotgun
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (approx.) – Final Round luncheon and awards presentation - included with entry fee (upstairs - Main Ballroom)
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle Division will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Division – The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Middle Division – Ties for first place gross and first place net in each flight of the Middle Division will be broken by the USGA tie break method. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner is determined by lot.
Middle Division will pay gross first, then net.
The valid USGA Handicap Indexes used will be from the February 1, 2019 revision. Each player must have a valid USGA Handicap Index no higher than 18.0 at time of entry. However, all teams must have a combined team handicap of 14.0 or less at time of entry in order to gain entrance into the field in the Championship Division. Teams must choose which division they wish to compete in upon entry; the Championship or Middle Division.
Practice rounds are available on the Tuesday prior to the Championship (1:00 PM shotgun). Additional practice rounds may be available during the week prior to the Championship on a case-by-case basis, but there is no guarantee. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Even though the practice round is a shotgun, all players must call 561-795-3510 to register and reserve a spot. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Defending Champion Katie Miller and partner Lauren Greenlief posted the tournament low score in round two to capture the win by five strokes.Three birdies on the front nine confidently carried the duo into the final nine holes. Miller birdied holes 11, 13, and 14 while Greenlief birdied 12 and 17 to finish eight under-par 64. A strong finish sealed the victory at nine under-par 135.
As the fourth championship in the Orange Blossom Tour that includes the Harder Hall Women's Invitational, the South Atlantic Amateur (SALLY), and the Ione D. Jones/Doherty Championship, the Women’s International Four-Ball carries a tremendous amount of history and prestige. First conducted in 1945 by the Jaycees of Hollywood, Florida, the early championships included the names of Babe Zaharias, Louise Suggs, Peggy Kirk-Bell, and other notables.
The Wanderers Club
The Wanderers Club is a challenging and unique Jacobsen Hardy design that is located in Palm Beach, North America's premiere equestrian community. It's immaculate fairways and greens, spectacular practice facilities, and high-end club ambiance provide the avid golfer the atmosphere they desire. The club is just minutes from the gorgeous and flourishing city of West Palm Beach where fine dining, shopping, and entertainment can easily be found. Please click here to learn more about The Wanderers Club.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel & Accommodations
Hampton Inn & Suites Wellington
2155 Wellington Green Drive
Wellington, FL 33411
Please call and identify yourself as playing in the International Four-Ball
Click for Map
$199 +tax per night
Directions - The Wanderers Club
1900 Aero Club Drive
Wellington, FL 33414
Click for Map