FJT at Palm Harbor GC (11-12 & 9-10)
November 16-17, 2019
PALM COAST, Fla. – Precise iron shots from the narrow fairways of Palm Harbor Golf Club earned Phillip Dunham, Ryleigh Knaub, and Jaden Peterson victories!
Phillip Dunham, of Ponte Vedra Beach, captured back-to-back victories in the 11-12 division, after winning the FJT at Fairwinds GC in October. A one under-par first round of 70 from Dunham and Emile Lebrun, of Port Saint Lucie, led to a tie at the top. Dunham and Lebrun would start round two one stroke ahead of Mateo Desmond and Matvey Golovanov who tied for second.
Despite starting the second round with a bogey, Dunham began to pull away from the field early in his round. Dunham birdied holes three through five, eight, and nine. He then continued with steady play on his final nine holes to post the tournament low round of 69. Dunham secured a four stroke lead, at five under-par 139, to win the final FJT (9-12 division) of 2019! Lebrun finished tied for second with a final round of 73. Jessy Huebner, of Port Saint Lucie, played consistent golf to tie Lebrun in second. Huebner finished in red numbers with rounds of 72-71—143.
1 Phillip Dunham -5 (139)
T2 Emile Lebrun -1 (143)
T2 Jessy Huebner -1 (143)
4 Miles Russell +1 (145)
T5 Mateo Desmond +2 (146)
T5 Matvey Golovanov +2 (146)
Round one ended with a tie for the lead between Jaden Peterson and Jude Desmond who both finished at three over-par 75. Three strokes back in second place was Clearwater native, Jake Spindler. Peterson was vying for his first FJT win in his first year playing on the tour.
Two bogies on the front and back nine of round two led to a 76 and three stroke victory for Peterson, of Port Saint Lucie. Peterson finished at seven over-par 151 to win his first FJT by three strokes! Orlando resident, Arya Patel, finished his second round four strokes better than round one to claim second place with scores of 79-75. Spindler rounded out the top three in third place after a second round of 80 and 158 total.
1 Jaden Peterson +7 (151)
2 Arya Patel +10 (154)
3 Jake Spindler +14 (158)
4 Jude Desmond +15 (159)
5 Cristian Scradeanu +16 (160)
Ryleigh Knaub, of Winter Springs, was on the lookout out for her first win after taking the round one lead by three strokes at two over-par 74. Knaub was on fire in round two, posting two back-to-back birdies on holes three and four and finishing with two more birdies on the final nine holes. A final round three under-par 69 gave Knaub a final score of one under-par 143 and wire-to-wire victory!
Nine strokes back, in second place, finished Madison Moman, of Palm Beach Gardens, with a 152 total. Moman carded two birdies in her final round to finish two strokes better than her round one 77. Consistent rounds of 79-78 from Abigail Smith gave her a third place finish at 157.
1 Ryleigh Knaub -1 (143)
2 Madison Moman +8 (152)
3 Abigail Smith +13 (157)
T4 Haley Davis +14 (158)
T4 McKenna Murphy +14 (158)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5,562 yds., 68.1/121|
|Girls 11-12||4,907 yds., 69.2/120|
|Boys 9-10||4,907 yds., 64.4/113|
|Overcast with a strong breeze||55 °F|
|Overcast with a strong breeze||50 °F|
9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
$75 entry fee
No membership required
This is a two-day, 36-hole event!
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play on the white/blue nines
- Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning
- 84 total players
- 9-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parent's Mandatory Meeting on Saturday- (45 minutes prior to tee time, approximately 20 minutes long) FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments. i.e: Etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf, and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 4,200 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 16th
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Sunday, November 17th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Subject to change:
7:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 8:00 - 8:18 AM
7:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 8:27 - 8:54 AM
8:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 9:03 - 9:21 AM
8:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 9:30 - 9:48 AM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon on weekends. The price for a practice round is $30.00.
Please call 386-986-4653 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 1 performance star
- Champion receives 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard in the 11-12 age division only.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds. Push carts are allowed.
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accomodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Palm Harbor Golf Club
20 Palm Harbor Dr.
Palm Coast, FL 32137