June 22-23, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, June 5th at 11:30 PM
~ Island Course ~
The Summer Mixed Team Championship pairs a male and female together in two rounds of four-ball (best-ball) stroke play competition. Players choose to compete in the Championship Division or Forward Division, with both divisions having gross and net (handicapped) prizes. The 2019 Championship will be contested at the beautiful Island Course at Innisbrook Resort. The course has played co-host to the 2010 & 2018 Florida Open Championships, and will be a great test of golf. Click here for past results from the Summer Mixed Championship.
$320 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male and one female
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play
- Both rounds will be contested on the Island Course
- Both gross and net competitions are played concurrently in each division
- Prizes and gift certificates are awarded in both divisions with gross scores receiving priority
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 48 teams - 96 players
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 22nd
- 6:45 - 7:45 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 AM - Round One shotgun
Sunday, June 23rd
- 8:00 AM - Final Round shotgun
- Approx. 12:30-2:00 PM - Player's Awards Luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division: Men - 6,500 yards/Women - 5,700 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 6,000 yards/Women - 5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the June 1, 2019 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0.
The tournament will use the USGA's recommendation of:
- Men receive 90% of their course handicap
- Women receive 95% of their course handicap
- If there is a difference of more than eight (8) strokes between the two members of a team, an additional 10% reduction will be applied to the course handicap of each member of the side.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than their current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other ties will be broken by a modified the USGA score card match.
Forward Division - All ties in each flight of the Forward Division will be broken by the modified USGA score card match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Forward Division will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 +tax. Please call 727-942-2000 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The father and daughter duo of Brent & Sierra Brooks posted consecutive rounds of 67 to capture the 2018 Summer-Mixed Championship by 3 strokes at River Strand Golf and Country Club in Bradenton.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
36750 U.S. Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Innisbrook Resort accepts cash and all major credit cards
Directions - Innisbrook Resort
36750 US Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Click here for directions