June 22-23, 2019
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - The siblings duo of Alec and Elle Nachmann dominated the Island Course at Innisbrook Resort to capture the Summer Mixed Championship by 12 strokes!
Alec and Elle Nachmann, of Boca Raton, used their strong bond as siblings to be crowned wire-to-wire Champions of the Summer Mixed, which consisted of two rounds of four-ball competition. Seven birdies and an eagle, posted by Alec on the par five 11th hole, secured the duo first place after round one. The Nachmann’s began round two with a seven stroke lead after a first round 63 (-9). Elle, who is experienced in four-ball competition after winning the Women’s Four-Ball in 2017, kept the momentum going by scoring a birdie on the first hole of the second round. Alec followed Elle’s lead and birdied the second hole en route to a 34 on the front nine. A fire was lit inside of Elle as she birdied holes 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16 to score a final round 65 (-7) and finish with a tournament total of 128 (-16). Alec, earning his first FSGA championship win, and Elle Nachmann posted two impressive rounds to hoist the trophy at Innisbrook Resort!
Consistency prevailed for Darin Hovis and Kim Egozi, of Bonita Springs, who claimed second place after two rounds of 70 for a four under-par 140. Another consistent team, Samuel Smith, of Lutz, and Megan Pollenz, of Tampa, rounded out the top three with rounds of 72 for an even par 144 finish.
Championship Division Leaderboard
Men: (6,475 yds. 71.1/138)
Women: (5,622 yds. 73.2/135)
1. Alec Nachmann/Elle Nachmann -16 (128)
2. Darin Hovis/Kim Egozi -4 (140)
3. Samuel Smith/Megan Pollenz E (144)
4. Matthew Matin/Sarah Matin +2 (146)
T5. Ben Daughan/Charlotte Daughan +3 (147)
T5. Ben Deets/ Anna Felip +3 (147)
Another wire-to-wire win was captured by Orlando residents, Haynes Payne and Kim Childress. The team carded three birdies in round one to finish with a two under-par 70 and two birdies on day two for a one under-par 71 and 141 (-3) total. Payne and Childress prevailed on the Island Course to win by four strokes over David and Kim Tassell in second place. The Tassell team, from Jupiter, bettered their third place finish in the 2016 Summer Mixed with rounds of 72 and 73 to finish at one over-par 145. Five strokes from second in third place, finished Lon Lugten and Colleen Dold after rounds of 74-76.
Forward Division Leaderboard
Men: (6,011 yds. 69.1/129)
Women: (5,040 yds. 70.0/129)
1. Haynes Payne/Kim Childress -3 (141)
2. David Tassell/Kim Tassell +1 (145)
3. Lon Lugten/Colleen Dold +6 (150)
4. Dennis Modrak/Mary Ann Modrak +8 (152)
T5. Keith Hensel/Danette Hensel +9 (153)
T5. Frank Dillon/Linda Dillon +9 (153)
T5. Brian Henderson/Patricia Henderson +9 (153)
1. Alec Nachmann/Elle Nachmann -12 (132)
2. Ben Daughan/Charlotte Daughan -7 (137)
3. Stephen Martin/Christine Martin -6 (138)
4. Matthew Matin/Sarah Matin -5 (139)
T5. Darin Hovis/Kim Egozi -4 (140)
T5. Kyle Walkiewicz/Jenna Walkiewicz -4 (140)
T5. Samuel Smith/Megan Pollenz -4 (140)
1. Haynes Payne/Kim Childress -17 (127)
2. Scott Paice/Samara Paice -13 (131)
T3. Edward Grendys/Jennifer Bevins -12 (132)
T3. Dennis Modrak/Mary Ann Modrak -12 (132)
5. Frank Dillon/Linda Dillon -11 (133)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship (Men)||6,475 yds. 71.7/138|
|Championship (Women)||5,622 yds. 73.2/135|
|Forward (Men)||6,011 yds. 69.1/129|
|Forward (Women)||5,040 yds. 70.0/129|
|Hot and Humid||86 °F|
~ Island Course ~
The Summer Mixed Team Championship pairs a male and female together in two rounds of four-ball (best-ball) stroke play competition. Players choose to compete in the Championship Division or Forward Division, with both divisions having gross and net (handicapped) prizes. The 2019 Championship will be contested at the beautiful Island Course at Innisbrook Resort. The course has played co-host to the 2010 & 2018 Florida Open Championships, and will be a great test of golf. Click here for past results from the Summer Mixed Championship.
$320 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male and one female
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play
- Both rounds will be contested on the Island Course
- Both gross and net competitions are played concurrently in each division
- Prizes and gift certificates are awarded in both divisions with gross scores receiving priority
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 48 teams - 96 players
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 22nd
- 6:45 - 7:45 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 AM - Round One shotgun
Sunday, June 23rd
- 8:00 AM - Final Round shotgun
- Approx. 12:30-2:00 PM - Player's Awards Luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division: Men - 6,500 yards/Women - 5,700 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 6,000 yards/Women - 5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the June 1, 2019 revision.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0.
The tournament will use the USGA's recommendation of:
- Men receive 90% of their course handicap
- Women receive 95% of their course handicap
- If there is a difference of more than eight (8) strokes between the two members of a team, an additional 10% reduction will be applied to the course handicap of each member of the side.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than their current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other ties will be broken by a modified the USGA score card match.
Forward Division - All ties in each flight of the Forward Division will be broken by the modified USGA score card match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Forward Division will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 +tax. Please call 727-942-2000 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The father and daughter duo of Brent & Sierra Brooks posted consecutive rounds of 67 to capture the 2018 Summer-Mixed Championship by 3 strokes at River Strand Golf and Country Club in Bradenton.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
36750 U.S. Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Innisbrook Resort accepts cash and all major credit cards
Directions - Innisbrook Resort
36750 US Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Click here for directions