October 2-3, 2021
AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. – The sibling duo of Alec Nachmann and Elle Nachmann raised the trophy for the second-straight year on Sunday at the Mixed Shoot-Out Championship. They finished that championship at 13-under 131 at the Oak Marsh Golf Course at Amelia Island.
This is the third championship that the pair have won, after capturing the Summer Mixed Championship in 2019 and the Mixed Shoot-Out Championship in 2020.
Alec and Elle were victorious in the Championship Division, capturing the seven-shot victory in wire-to-wire fashion. The teams started Saturday with nine holes in scramble format followed by nine holes of Chapman, modified alternate shot, format.
The Boca Raton duo played steady on Saturday with rounds of 30-32. The duo carded a strong four-ball stroke play score in the final round, posting a 3-under 69.
The team of Ty and Chrissie Capps followed close behind with rounds of 36-36 in round one and finished with a 6-under 66 in the final round to finish runner-up. Ricardo Garcia and Nancy Vergara finished the championship in third at 5-under 68.
Tama and KC Caldabaugh took home a commanding win in the Forward Division, finishing the championship at 6-over 138. The duo posted rounds of 33-37 in the first round. A final four-ball round of 68 gave the Ponte Vedra Beach pair the nine-shot victory.
Robert Flanagan and Liz Boudreaux finished second at 3-over 147, after carding rounds of 35-36 on Saturday and finishing with a final-round 76 in the four-ball portion on Sunday. The pairs of Alan Boyer & Christina Steffen and David & Kim Tassel finished tied for third in the Forward Division at 4-over 148.
The Mixed Shoot-Out doesn't only "mix-up" the teams with one man and one woman, but it includes three different forms of play in its 36 holes of golf. Gift certificates will be awarded to the best gross and net scores for each format of play, as well as the overall total for the championship!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Men's Championship||6333 yds., 71.5/132|
|Men's Forward||5823 yds., 68.4/121|
|Women's Championship||5523 yds., 73.6/130|
|Women's Forward||5021 yds., 69.0/122|
Format: 9-holes of scramble, 9-holes of chapman, and 18 holes of four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: One male and one female, one entrant must be at least 16 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 24.0 or less for men / 34.0 or less for women
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 9 holes of scramble format and,
- 9 holes of modified alternate shot (Chapman format)
- 18 holes of four-ball stroke play (best-ball of two)
- Maximum field size - 48 teams (96 players)
- All teams will compete for gross and net prizes in each flight
- Two Divisions - Championship and Forward
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest gross total for the competition
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 24.0 for men & 34.0 for women
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male amateur and one female amateur
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 2nd
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:00 - 9:50 AM - Round one tee times off #1 & #10
Sunday, October 3rd
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division: Men - 6,300 yards/Women - 5,500 yards- (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 5,800 yards/Women - 4,900 yards (Gross & Net)
- Teams will be pre-flighted by using 60% of the lowest partner's course handicap combined with 40% of the higher partner's course handicap.
- The number of flights will be based on the number of teams in each division and/or the spread of handicaps.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 24.0 men / 34.0 women
- The tournament will use the USGA's recommendation of:
Saturday (Scramble Format)
- The player with the lower Course Handicap is allowed 35% of their Course Handicap
- The player with the higher Course Handicap is allowed 15% of their Course Handicap
Saturday (Modified Alternate Shot/Chapman)
- Chapman Format:
- Both golfers hit their tee shot
- Each player then plays their partner's ball
- The team then decides which ball they wish to play, and then plays that ball on an alternate basis into the hole
- The player with the lower Course Handicap is allowed 60% of their Course Handicap
- The player with the higher Course Handicap is allowed 40% of their Course Handicap
Sunday (Four-Ball Stroke Play)
- Best-Ball of two
- Men and Women receive 85% of their Course Handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than their current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score from the Championship Division. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death play-off on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other ties in each flight will be broken by the modified USGA score card match. The final day 18 hole respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Each flight will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds may be played one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM on the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $50 + tax per player. Please call 904-277-5907 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
No host hotel
Click here for directions.