FJT at Rio Pinar GC (16-18)
May 18-19, 2019
After a second place finish last weekend at Black Diamond Ranch, Lucas Cena continued his exceptional play by claiming his first career FJT win. Cena fired an opening round 68 after carding three birdies in his last three holes. Ryan Moylan was right behind Cena after day one shooting a 1-under par, 71. Andrew Clark had consistent rounds of 73 to share a tie of second place with Kaleb Palm who fired rounds of 75 and 71.
Zeng captured her second career FJT win coming from behind going into round two. Zeng opened her tournament with a 78, five strokes behind round one leader, Wyndom Burnett who fired a 1-over par, 73. Zeng started her second round shooting 2-over par on her front nine and then went on to shoot even par on her second nine. Zeng finished round two with a 74 to ultimately win the title by one stroke. There was a four-way tie for second place as Lauren Clark, Lisa Colee, Skylee Shin, and Wyndom Burnett all had two day totals of 153.
Boys 16-18 (6,975 yds. 73.8/130)
1 Lucas Cena E (144)
T2 Andrew Clark +2 (146)
T2 Kaleb Palm +2 (146)
4 Ryan Hart +3 (147) 5 Michael Mays +4 (148)
Girls 16-18 (6,087 yds, 75.2/133)
1 Taylor Zeng +8 (152)
T2 Lauren Clark +9 (153)
T2 Lisa Colee +9 (153)
T2 Skylee Shin +9 (153)
T2 Wyndom Burnett +9 (153)
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at Trump National Doral, in Miami, for the 16-18 and 13-15 division at the Memorial Day Majors, May 25-27.
Facebook: Florida Junior Tour
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,930 yds., 73.6/129|
|Girls 16-18||6,046 yds., 75.0/133|
|Hot w/ a slight breeze||88 °F|
16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 18th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 19th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 407-234-3757 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
Rio Pinar Golf Club
8600 El Prado Ave.
Orlando, FL 32825
Click for Map