Senior Amateur Match Play Championship
June 10-13, 2018
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Senior||6,534 yds. 70.4/130|
The Senior Amateur Match Play is a great chance for seniors in Florida to compete in a state Championship hosted by the Golf Club of the Everglades in Naples. Players will compete in golf's original match play format at the exclusive and prestigious Golf Club of the Everglades. For a look at the 2017 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play to determine the 32 qualifiers for match play.
- A tie for last qualifier's place will be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole play-off.
- For purposes of determining places in the draw, ties in qualifying rounds will be decided by a blind draw.
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
Championship Field Size
- 84 players
- Male amateur golfer
- At least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- A valid USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 11.4
- $185 GHIN or Foundation Member
- $195 Non-GHIN Member
Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the field is full. Entries are then placed on an alternates list in order of receipt and contacted if, and when, a spot becomes available.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Course Set-Up & Age Divisions
The course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,400 - 6,500 yards - Senior Ages 55-64
Schedule of Events
Sunday, June 10
Round one stroke play tee times will begin at 8:00 AM off #1 and #10 tees.
Monday, June 11
Round 2 of stroke play. Players will be re-paired by score after round one for an 8:30 AM shotgun start.
If necessary, a playoff to determine the final match play seeds will commence immediately following stroke play.
- Complimentary players' lunch buffet in the main clubhouse
Single elimination matches begin at 2:00 PM
Tuesday, June 12
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Round of 16 Matches
- 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM - Quarterfinal Matches
Wednesday, June 13
8:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Semifinal Matches
12:30 PM - Final Match
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 239-354-4727 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Owen Joyner, of Bonita Springs, began match play as the ninth seed and with determination advanced to the final match where he faced Peter Wegmann. Joyner won the final match four and three to earn his first FSGA Championship win in two years!
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
Winner (55-64 Age Division)
- Next three Senior Amateur Championships
- Current year's Florida Senior Open
Runner-up (55-64 Age Division)
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Resort View Room - $129 +tax per night
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- No Resort Fees
- Complimentary self-parking (Valet parking is not complimentary)
- Complimentary water in guestrooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
All rooms are subject to applicable taxes.
The participant of the golf tournaments can reference “FSGA Senior Amateur Match Play Room Block” when calling for their reservations.
Please call (877) 557-3092 to book your room by 5/25/2018. After this date we can not guarantee you will be able to receive this rate.
Click here to view resort website.
Golf Club of the Everglades accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for payment.
Golf Club of the Everglades
8835 Vanderbilt Beach Ext.
Naples, FL 34120