Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
May 16-17, 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday, April 29th at 11:30 PM
Format: 36 holes of individual stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 22 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fees: Age 22-29 - $80, Age 30 & Over - $160
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- Three divisions - Championship, Middle, and Forward
- The overall Champion will be the individual from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Female amateur golfers
- At least 22 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0 at time of entry
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- Ages 30 & Over - $160
- Ages 22-29 - $80 (Promoting Women's Golf Discount)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the player gain acceptance into the field.
Promoting Women's Golf - Discounted Entry Fee - In an effort to attract younger women back to competitive golf, the FSGA is reducing the entry fee for this event for women between the ages of 22 and 29 years old as of the first day of the competition. Women's mid-amateur golf faces a crisis and declining levels of participation. Reduced participation by women who leave the game after college also results in fewer future junior players being introduced to the game by their families. The FSGA is dedicated to making every possible effort to provide competitive golf that is accessible to women of all ages, including the early mid-amateurs who often face the most obstacles related to time and finances. The full entry price to this event for women over 29 is the SAME as in prior years and we hope all players will support this initiative to promote golf to all women. Please join us in spreading the word so that more women will join us at the championship and return to playing competitive golf on a regular basis.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 16th
- 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Player registration
- 8:00 - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times of #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, May 17th
- 8:00 AM - Final round shotgun
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Awards luncheon
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The FSGA may hold an undisclosed number of spots in the Championship Division.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division - 5,800-6,000 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 5,300- 5,500 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division - 4,800-5,00- yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions
- Championship Division - 10.0 & Under
- Middle Division - 11.0-18.0
- Forward Division - 19.0 & Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Middle & Forward Divisions will play to 95% of their course handicap
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle & Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of individual handicaps or scores.
Championship Division – The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Other Divisions – All ties in each flight of the Middle and Forward Division will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Middle and Forward Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis.The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 772-299-0093 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Defending Mid-Amateur Champion
For the fifth time in the past seven years, it was Meghan Stasi who raised the trophy at the Women's Mid-Amateur Championship on Sunday. With nine players within five shots of the lead at the start of the round, Stasi captured the two-stroke victory with a 3-over 147 at West Bay Golf Club in Estero.
Stasi began the day in a tie for fifth place, three stroke back of the leader. She started the round off strong with back-to-back birdies on the second and third holes. Stasi posted a 1-under for the front nine. After a double bogey on the 16th hole, the Fort Lauderdale native carded a pair of key birdies on the 17th and 18th to secure the win. She recorded a final-round 1-under 71, the only under-par round of the championship. Click here to view previous year's results.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for host hotel information.
Quail Valley only accepts Visa/MasterCard and Amex.
Quail Valley Golf Club
6545 Pinnacle Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Click here for directions.