FJT at Mission Inn Resort (16-18 Boys Only)
December 2-3, 2017
DuBois Victorious at Mission Inn
Davis Lee, John DuBois & Johnny Tucker
HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS - John DuBois (74-70--144), of Windermere secured his second Florida Junior Tour victory Sunday at Mission Inn's El Campeon course, closing with a final round 70. After a bogey on the challenging par 4, 7th, John would play his final 11 holes three-under par converting birdies on 9, 14 & 16 to hold off Davis Lee (75-70--145), of Ponte Vedra Beach by one stroke. Johnny Tucker (73-75--148), of Jacksonville, and Samuel King (76-72--148), of Ponte Vedra Beach secured third place trophies.
Tees & Yardages
- Boys 16-18 - 6,890 yds. 74.1/140 - Par 72
- Round 1 - El Campeon won Round 1, with three players (Johnny Tucker, Carson Moran & Fletcher Wunderlich) sharing the lead after carding 73 (+1).
- Round 2 - The Round 1 leaders all faltered and fell back, while two groups behind, John DuBois and Davis Lee had a dual. Starting two and three strokes off the lead, DuBois & Lee both carded final round 70's, the only rounds under par for the tournament. Both players sat at +1 through 8 holes on their rounds playing together, and would birdie 9, 14 & 16, with DuBois never surrendering the lead.
- Round 1 - Saturday - High of 76, light breeze
- Round 2 - Sunday - Cool in morning, moderate breeze, high of 79
Scoring & Results
- Full Results - includes hole-by-hole scores
- Scoring Average:
- Round 1 - 81.4
- Round 2 - 80.7
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,890 yds. 74.1/140|
|Cool Early, Light Breeze in Afternoon||76 °F|
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Tournament Rounds are being played on the El Campeon Course. Mission Inn has playsed host to the State High School Championships. With it's spectacular views and 85 feet of elevation changes, the El Campeon course is a true test of accuracy and poise. Built in 1917 by George O'Neil, this parkland design will prove to be a challenge with it's rolling fairways and undulating greens. The 7,000 yards of green grass can be very rewarding to the player that can keep the ball in the fairways. A sound strategy is need to successfully maneuver around this Central Florida track.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, December 2nd
6:45 AM - 9:00 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
7:30 PM - 9:27 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, December 3rd
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (352) 324-3885 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top 5 receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Mission Inn Resort
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Click for Map