Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship
July 9-11, 2021
AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. – Just three weeks after finishing runner-up at the Women’s Amateur, Elle Nachmann has come out on top at the Women’s Amateur Stroke Play Championship. Nachmann captured the one-shot victory on Sunday at The Amelia Island Club at Long Point, finishing the weekend at 2-under 214.
"It feels great," Nachmann said. "I knew I was playing really well coming off that great finish at the Women's Amateur. I just told myself to keep doing what I was doing, and I did that. I played my game, stayed consistent. It got a little close at the end, but I managed to finish it out and I'm just super happy. "
Nachmann, who will be begin her second year at the University of Pennsylvania in the fall, began the final round with a four-shot lead, after firing a 4-under 68 on Saturday to take the 36-hole lead, finishing the day with six birdies. The Boca Raton native got the final round started with a 1-over front nine.
Nachmann ran into some trouble on the back side, playing Nos. 13-15 at 3 over. But she turned it around, rolling in a birdie putt on the 16th to extend her lead to two shots. She secured the championship with a final-round 76.
This is the fourth FSGA championship for Nachmann, who has previously captured the Mixed Shoot-Out, Summer Mixed and Women's Four-Ball. Her win at the WOmen's Amateur Stroke Play marks her first individual FSGA win.
Elizabeth Kondal took home a runner-up finish, putting together rounds of 69-76-70 to post a 1-under 215. Carla Alvarez Perez and Kim Benedict finished the weekend in a tie for third place at 1-over 217.
Benedict’s first-round 68 and Nachmann’s second 68 were the low rounds of the championship.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Rounds 1-3||6,110 yds. 76.1 / 130|
|Hot with Light Winds||90 °F|
Format: 54 holes of individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: Florida resident; Committee approval for players less than 13 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fee: $200
|Exempt Players (click to view exemptions)|
- 54 holes of individual gross stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- The overall Champion will be the individual with the lowest 54-hole total score
- Female amateur golfer
- Florida residency required
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 10.0 is required
- Committee approval is required for entry if the player is less than 13 years of age
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 9th
7:00 - 9:30 AM - Player registration
8:00 - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off #1 & #10
Saturday, July 10th
8:00 - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off #1 & #10
Sunday, July 11th
8:00 -9:57 AM - Final round tee times off #1 & #10
Awards luncheon immediately following play
Entry Priority Guidelines
Prior to Close of Entries
- Last 5 Women's Amateur Stroke Play Champions
- Top 30 players and tied from last year's Women's Amateur Championship*
- Amateurs making the cut in the Open Division from last year's Florida Women's Open
- Top 50 players and tied from last year's Women's Player of the Year Points List
- Top 25 players and tied from last year's Girls' Junior Player of the Year Points List
- Top 1000 and tied players on WAGR as of January 1 and June 1
- Any player qualifying for last year's U.S. Women's Open Championship
- Any player qualifying for last year's U.S. Women's Amateur Championship
*Since the 2020 Stroke Play Championship was canceled, we will be using the Women's Amateur standings for 2020
After Close of Entries
- Any available spots in the field will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The FSGA may hold an undisclosed number of spots for exceptional circumstances.
- 6,000 - 6,200 yards (Gross Only)
A down to the wire finish crowned Kendall Griffin Champion of the 25th Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship. Griffin chipped away at an eight stroke deficit with birdies on holes five, six, and nine. Three precise shots landed Griffin eight feet for birdie on the 18th hole. After making only 10 putts on her first nine holes, Griffin confidentially rolled in her birdie putt to take the outright lead. Click here to view 2019 year's results. *The 2020 championship was canceled due to COVID*
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call the golf shop at 904-277-5908 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for booking information
The Amelia Island Club at Long Point accepts all major credit cards. The golf shop does not accept cash.
The Amelia Island Club at Long Point
12 Long Point Dr
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Click here for directions.