June 26-27, 2021
NAPLES, Fla. – Kevin Hammer and Meghan Stasi earn a second Summer Mixed Championship win in wire-to-wire fashion at Vineyards Country Club. Eric Chavez and Jo Ann Feindt erased a three-stroke deficit after round one to capture the Forward Division.
The team of Meghan Stasi, of Oakland Park, and Kevin Hammer, of Boynton Beach, played a strong first round to take the lead by one stroke. Stasi and Hammer carded ten birdies to post the tournament low round of 62 (-10). Following close behind was the team of Kim Egozi and Ryan Vega who lit up the back-nine with six birdies to finish with a 63 (-9). Kristin Bell and RJ Nakashian rounded out the top three, three strokes back, with a round one 65 (-7).
Stasi and Hammer, 2017 Summer Mixed champions, did not let the lead out of sight in round two. The duo posted three birdies on both the front-nine and back-nine to finish with a 66 (-6). An impressive 16-under 128 secured victory for Stasi and Hammer by two strokes. Bell and Nakashian moved up the leaderboard to secure second place after a second round of 65 and 130 (-14) total. Egozi and Vega took third place with a second round 69 and 132 (-12) finish. This marks Hammer's third Summer Mixed win after being crowned champion with his daughter, Alexa, in 2015 and 2016. Stasi and Hammer hoisted the Summer Mixed trophy for the second time in five years.
David and Kim Tassell, of Jupiter, posted one of two under-par rounds to take the lead on Saturday. The Tassell’s finished in first by two-strokes after a round one 69 (-3). The other under-par round of the day came from Jack and Peggy Sheehan. A first round of 71 (-1) secured second place for the Sheehan’s followed by three teams tied for third place. The team of Eric Chavez and Jo Ann Feindt, Jim and Jacqueline Shelly and Greg and Ronda Hendrix tied for third place at even par.
Round two saw a change at the top of the leaderboard as Chavez and Feindt posted a string of birdies. Turning at two-under, Chavez and Feindt finished with four birdies to capture the lead at six under-par 138. The Tassell’s finished with another round in red numbers, 71 (-1), to finish two-strokes back in second place. Colleen Dold and Lon Lugten tied the Hendrix’s for third place at two under-par 142. Chavez, of Saint Petersburg, and Feindt, of West Palm Beach, both captured their first FSGA championship win in Naples.
1. Kristin Bell / RJ Nakashian – 130 (-14)
2. Alan Temple / Susan Temple – 131 (-13)
3. Lee Booker / Mary Jane Hiestand – 131 (-13)
1. Edward Grendys / Jennifer Bevins - 131 (-13)
2. Diane Bertrand / Steve Bettenhausen – 135 (-9)
3. Liz Boudreaux / Robert Flanagan – 135 (-9)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Men's Championship||6,320 Yards (70.4 / 122)|
|Men's Forward||5,856 Yards (68.9 / 117)|
|Women's Championship||5,473 Yards (71.5 / 120)|
|Women's Forward||4,985 Yards (68.7 / 116)|
|Partly Cloudy & Hot||90 °F|
|Sunny & Humid||88 °F|
Format: 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member; One male and one female, one entrant must be at least 16 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 24.0 or less for men / 34.0 or less for women
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- Both gross and net competitions are played concurrently in each division
- Prizes and gift certificates are awarded in both divisions with gross scores receiving priority
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 24.0 for men & 34.0 for women
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- Teams must consist of one male amateur and one female amateur
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 26th
- 7:00 - 8:15 AM - Tournament registration
- 8:30 AM - Round one shotgun
Sunday, June 27th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- Awards luncheon immediately following play - Included in your entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Players must select which Division they wish to compete in upon entry. There is NO yardage mix allowed between divisions. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division: Men - 6,300 yards/Women - 5,500 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division: Men - 5,800 yards/Women - 4,900 yards (Gross & Net)
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 24.0 men / 34.0 women
- All players will play to 85% of their course handicap
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Forward Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division yardage.
Championship Division - The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champion. All other ties will be broken by a modified the USGA scorecard match.
Forward Division - All ties in each flight of the Forward Division will be broken by the modified USGA scorecard match. .
The modified USGA score card playoff will be as follows:
- Final 18 holes
- Final 9 holes, then final six holes, then final 3 holes and finally the 18th hole score.
- If there is still a tie, a coin flip will determine the Champion
The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot
Both Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax and includes cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call 239-353-0505 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Alec and Elle Nachmann, of Boca Raton, used their strong bond as siblings to be crowned wire-to-wire Champions. Seven birdies and an eagle secured the duo first place after round one. The Nachmann's began round two with a seven stroke lead and followed up with a seven under-par, 65, to secure their win at sixteen under-par at Innisbrook Resort. Click here for 2019 year's results. *The 2020 championship was canceled due to COVID*
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click Here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort
2600 Tiburon Drive
Naples, FL 34109
All rooms must be booked by Saturday, June 5th, and the rate will be $145 + tax per night. Please Click here for more information.
The Vineyards accepted credit cards only. NO cash.
The Vineyards Country Club
400 Vineyards Blvd
Naples, FL 34119
Click here for directions