May 16-19, 2019
The 38th playing of the Mid-Amateur Championship is heading to Quail Valley Golf Club in Vero Beach. The Tommy Fazio design will be a delight for match play as it offers numerous tee pads and fast undulating greens, and will be shown off with a variety of setups over match play rounds. Quail Valley has played host to two Florida Open's, the 97th Florida Amateur Championship and US Open Sectional Qualifying. An estimated 350 mid-amateurs (25 years of age and older) will attempt to qualify for this premier championship which is ranked by the World Amateur Golf Rankings. Click here to see the results from past Mid-Amateur Championships.
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts, course fees, and range balls for each competitive round.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Pre-RegistrationLate entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the qualifying field.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $125 online at www.FSGA.org under the "My Account" section, which can be located in the top right hand corner of the web-page. Payment must be received by Thursday, May 3rd by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
- Male amateur golfer
- At least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- 36 holes of gross individual stroke play. Low 32 scores advance to match play.
- There will be a hole-by-hole play-off to determine the last qualifier's place in the Championship immediately - All other ties for seeds will be broken randomly
- The match play round of 32 will begin Friday afternoon
- The round of 16 will be played on Saturday morning and the quarterfinals will begin Saturday afternoon
- Semifinals will be played on Sunday morning and Championship match will be played on Sunday afternoon.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,100 yards.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 16th
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round 1 stroke play off #1 and #10 tees
Friday, May 17th
- 8:00 shotgun start - Round 2 stroke play
- Field is cut to the 32 for match play; play-off immediately following play to determine the last qualifying position
- Complimentary Lunch Buffet for competitors following Round 2
- 1:30 PM - Round of 32 of match play off #1 and #10 tees
Saturday, May 18th
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Round of 16 of match play off #1 tee
- 12:30 PM - 1:15 PM - Quarterfinals of match play off #1 tee
Sunday, May 19th
- 8:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Semifinals of match play off #1 tee
- 12:00 PM - Final match of match play off # 1 tee
- 18 holes of individual stroke play at seven qualifying sites.
- During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart.
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds.
Marc Dull, of Winter Haven defeated Jeff Golden; by default, in the final after a weather delay halted play. Dull, the 2017 Player of the Year, defeated past Champions, Joe Alfieri, Chip Brooke & T J Shuart, en route to his first Mid-Amateur Championship title.
Championship Practice Rounds
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The cost of your first practice round is $35 plus tax. Please call 772-299-0093 to arrange your practice round. Accepted forms of payment in the Golf Shop are American Express, Visa, and MasterCard.
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Blank entries will be filed by the FSGA for players who become exempt after the close of entries.
- Last five year's Mid-Amateur Champions
- Last two year's Mid-Amateur Runner-ups
- Last year's Mid-Amateur Championship Semifinalists
- Last year's top ten and tied Mid-Amateur Player of the Year Points List
- Last year's top three and tied Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Champion finishers
- Last year's Senior Amateur Player of the Year
- Current year's Senior Amateur Champion
- Last year's Amateur Public Links Champion
- Last year's Amateur Match Play Champion
- Last year's Mid-Senior Champion
- Last year's Florida Open Low Amateur
- Current year's Florida Senior Open Low Amateur
- Current year's final Winter Series Mid-Amateur (25-54 Age Division) Senior (55-64 Age Division) Points Leader
- Florida residents qualifying for last year's U.S. Amateur Championship
- Florida residents qualifying for last year's U.S Mid-Amateur Championship
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next five Mid-Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Match Play Championships
- Current year's Florida Open
- Next two Mid-Amateur Championships
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Current year's Amateur Championship
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
Players making match play
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
SpringHill Suites Vero Beach
5115 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, Florida 32967
May 1 - December 31, 2019 - $124 per night plus tax. - Single/Double Occupancy Suites.For reservations please call 772-978-9292, and identify yourself as an FSGA Competitor or book online here, using corporate code "3F1"
Quail Valley Golf Club
6545 Pinnacle Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Pro Shop: (772) 299-0093
Click here for directions