FJT at The CC of Winter Haven (10-12)
April 8, 2017
Florida Junior Tour (10-12)
- The Country Club of Winter Haven - April 8, 2017
- Boys Yardages and Rating - 5,395 yds. 66.3/115
- Girls Yardages and Rating - 4,755 yds. 67.3/115
Ariihau Faana - Even-par, 72
Ariihau Faana from Lake Mary, Florida captured his second 10-12 division victory after posting an even-par round of 72. Ariihau bested last event's winner, Aaron Leach, by three strokes in a round that included three total birdies. He will try to add to his win total next weekend at Buckhorn Springs!
Brianna Castaldi - 2 over-par, 74
Brianna Castaldi from Port Saint Lucie claimed her first win in her first attempt on the Florida Junior Tour. After a beautiful 20 foot birdie putt on the 18th hole, Brianna had the clubhouse lead waiting for the majority of the field to finish their rounds. Her two over-par round was enough to give her a three stroke victory over Sarah Loza.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 10-12||5,395 yds. 66.3/115|
|Girls 10-12||4,755 yds. 67.3/115|
|Light Breeze||75 °F|
10-12 Age Division
$45 entry fee
Membership is NOT required
The 18 Hole Rees Jones and Bill Bergin designed course is in perfect harmony with the terrain as it winds beneath stately oaks and pines, and subtle elevation changes make it reminiscent of South Carolina. Whatever the time of day, the wonders of nature surround you as you experience golf’s true “walk in the park”. Shimmering lakes, sweeping vistas, and the sounds of wildlife can be heard nearby.
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events.)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes, or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 18 holes of individual stroke play
- Saturday afternoon
- 42 total players
- 10-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parents Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long. FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments (i.e., etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 10-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,300 to 5,500 yards
- Girls 10-12 Age Division - Approximately 4,600 to 4,800 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a fist-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available.
- Entries that are in excess of the available space will be placed on an alternate's list.
- An alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries close approximately 3 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
- $45 per event
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 8th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st tee.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Mandatory Educational Meeting
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events,
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- There will be four meeting times and each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
11:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 12:00 - 12:27 PM
11:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 12:36 - 12:54 PM
12:15 PM meeting - Tee times between 1:03 - 1:30 PM
12:45 PM meeting - Tee times between 1:39 - 1:57 PM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are not arranged for the 10-12 age division events. At this point in your junior golf career, we do not find it necessary to spend hours and hours on the competition course in the days leading up to the event. Playing an event without seeing the course will help you learn course management, how to use a yardage book and think your way around a golf course.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & AccommodationsThe FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
The Country Club of Winter Haven
4200 Country Club Road South
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Click for Map