Junior Team Championship
August 4-5, 2018
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,665 yds., 71.1/125|
|Girls 16-18||5,703 yds., 72.3/129|
|Boys 13-15||6,262 yds., 69.6/132|
|Girl 13-15||5,426 yds., 72.4/123|
|Hot & Humid||92 °F|
Junior Team Championship
Dunes & Lakes courses
- 36 holes of stroke play
- Total of the low two scores per round of the three gross scores for each team will count per round as team score
- Low gross total team score is Champion
- Two courses will be utilized - players will play the same course both days
- Three players per team and all three members must fall into one division (playing up allowed if approved by FSGA)
Course assignments are as follows:
Boys 16-18 Division - Dunes Course
Girls 16-18 Division - Dunes Course
Boys 13-15 Division - Lakes Course
Girls 13-15 Division - Lakes Course
Course assignments are subject to change pending number of entries received in each division.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 60 teams - 180 players
Eligibility & Entry Priority
- Open to junior programs that provide organized tournaments, instruction, or clinics that are open to all junior golfers in your community
- National or statewide tours are not allowed to participate
- Junior programs may select the individuals they send to the Team Championship by any criteria they select; however, all three players must be directly involved with the local program listed on the entry form
- Only one team ("A" team) from each program will be accepted per division prior to the close of entries
- Additional teams ("B", and "C") will be accepted on a space available basis after the entry deadline based on order of receipt of entry. All "B" teams entered before the deadline will be considered for acceptance before any "C" teams are considered.
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday by the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
Junior Programs may reserve a spot (with a fully-paid entry) without team member's names prior to the closing date.
- $195 per team
- Coaches carts are not included in above entry fee
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,600-6,800 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 5,600-5,800 yards
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,300-6,500 yards
- Girls 13-15 will play approximately 5,400-5,600 yards
Based on age as of August 5, 2018
- Boy's Ages 16-18
- Boy's Ages 13-15
- Girl's Ages 16-18
- Girl's Ages 13-15
The Championship is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis at either golf course. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax which includes a cart (if 16 years of age or older). The number of carts per group may be restricted. To schedule your practice round call 772-770-5000. You may begin calling for practice round tee times one week prior to the day you wish to play. Practice round rate is for participants only.
Each team is allowed ONE Coach. Only that coach may give advice after the completion of a hole and before the start of the next hole. Each Coach should register themselves as the team coach at the registration table to receive their team packet.
Coaches and spectators may rent carts for $25 plus tax each day. Carts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The FSGA requests these carts be used to assist in evacuation of players if play is suspended for dangerous situation (inclement weather).
Boys 16-18: Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour (pictured top left)
Girls 16-18: Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour (pictured top right)
Boys 13-15: Gainesville Junior Golf Tour (Pictured bottom right)
Girls 13-15: Junior Golf Association of Broward County (pictured bottom left)
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
There will be a registration table located outside the Golf Shop on Saturday morning. All players and coaches are expected to register before the first round.
Crystal trophies will be awarded to each member and the coach of the winning team. In the Boys division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive three exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour. In the Girls division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive two exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Springhill Suites - Vero Beach
5115 Indian River Blvd.
Vero Beach, FL 32967
$124 +tax per night
July 5th Update - There are no more rooms available at this rate due to close to full occupancy at the hotel.
Sandridge Golf Club accepts cash, check, and all major credit cards.
Sandridge Golf Club
5300 73rd St.
Vero Beach, FL 32967