FJT at Bear Lakes CC (Boys 13-15, Girls 13-18)
May 11-12, 2019
Ainsley Mann and Shawn Lalmoni
In his fourth Florida Junior Tour event (13-15) of the year, Lalmoni, of Orlando, secured his third back to back win after posting two consistent red numbers. Lalmoni took the early lead after a first-round three-under 69 and followed up with a one stroke better 68 in round two. Five birdies on the front nine in his second round and a total of 11 birdies for two rounds allowed Lalmoni to claim first place by two strokes at seven-under 137.
Bradenton resident, Xirong Cheng, followed Lalmoni close behind with two scores in the red. Cheng was one stroke back after a score of 70 in round one. A second round of all pars and three birdies allowed Cheng to finish in second place with a second-round 69 and five-under 139 final. Two consistent 73’s from Will McGriff, of Ponte Vedra Beach, finished in third place at two-over 146.
A playoff determined the winner of the Girls’ 16-18 division after Shin, Andie Smith, and Marissa Cardenas tied for first at three-over 147. Shin, of Doral, started the final round in first place after a round one score of two under-par 70 while Smith, of Hobe Sound, was close behind in second place at even par. Round two saw Shin post a score seven strokes higher to finish three over-par.
Smith played steady to finish round two with a score of 75 to tie Shin at the top. Marissa Cardenas, of Saint Augustine, carded a second round one stroke lower than day one, to advance to a tie for first place finish, with rounds of 74-73. The three leaders headed to a sudden death playoff that ended on the first hole after Shin holed out from the green side bunker for birdie and her second FJT win of the year.
The Girls’ 13-15 division was decided in a playoff as well, after two tough competitors tied for the lead at four-over 148. Mann, of Apopka, and Kaitlyn Schroeder, of Jacksonville, posted identical scores of 75-73 to tie for the lead after two rounds. Schoeder, who was vying for a back to back FJT win, and Mann, who was playing for her first FJT win in 2019, headed to a playoff to determine the champion. Mann scored a par on the first playoff hole to earn her first FJT win of the year. Angelica Holman, who won twice on the FJT this season, finished in third place with rounds of 74-77 for a seven-over 151 total.
Boys 13-15 (6,683 yds, 71.5/129)
1 Shawn Lalmoni -7 (137)
2 Xirong Cheng -5 (139)
3 Will McGriff +2 (146)
T4 James Hassell +4 (148)
T4 Lucas Slayden +4 (148)
T4 Stephen Hickham +4 (148)
Girls 16-18 (5,833 yds, 73.6/126)
1 Skylee Shinn +3 (147)
T2 Andie Smith +3 (147)
T2 Marissa Cardenas +3 (147)
T4 Aaron Whitley +5 (149)
T4 Hina Matsui +5 (149)
T4 Mary Kate Smith +5 (149)
Girls 13-15 (5,833 yds, 73.6/126)
1 Ainsley Mann +4 (148)
2 Kaitlyn Schroeder +4 (148)
3 Angelica Holman +7 (151)
4 Brianna Castaldi +10 (154)
5 Addison Klonowski +12 (156)
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at Rio Pinar Country Club, in Orlando, for the 16-18 division and 9-12 division at Sandridge Golf Club, in Vero Beach, May 18-19.
Facebook: Florida Junior Tour
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,683 (71.5/129)|
|Girls 13-18||5,833 (73.6/126)|
|Hot & Thunderstorms||87 °F|
|Overcast & Windy||88 °F|
Boys 13-15, Girls 13-15 & 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
- 36 holes of individual stroke play on the Links Course
- 84 total players
- Boys 13-15, Girls 13-15 & 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 & 16-18 Age Division - 5,800 yards (gross only)
Note to Girls
The 16-18 and 13-15 divisions will play the same set of tees (approximately 5,800 yards for the girls). Results that are sent to Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings and for AJGA PBE will have the two divisions combined. The divisions will remain separate for FJT purposes (awards, points, exemptions, etc.).
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 11th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 12th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 561-478-0002 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Bear Lakes Country Club
1901 Village Boulevard
West Palm Beach , FL 33409
Click for Map