FJT at Heritage Oaks G & CC (13-15)
April 27-28, 2019
Sarasota, Fla. - Shawn Lalmoni & Angelica Holman win again on the Florida Junior Tour at Heritage Oaks Golf & Country Club, April 27-28.
Shawn Lalmoni, of Orlando, earns back-to-back victories in the 13-15 division on the second playoff hole! Lalmoni tied Sebastian Sacristan, of Coral Springs, for first place after round scores of two under-par 70. Holding onto his tied for first lead, Shawn posted a second round 76 to finish at 146 (+4). Erasing a four stroke deficit after a round one 74, Jake Manelas, of Fort Lauderdale, posted a second round 72 to finish tied for first place with Lalmoni. Sacristan fell to tied for third place with Bryce Werblo due to a second round 77 and 147 (+5) total. Lalmoni and Manelas went head-to-head in a sudden death playoff to determine the outright winner. The two tied the first playoff hole and with a birdie on the second playoff hole, Lalmoni seized his third victory of 2019!
A seven stroke victory was won by Angelica Holman, of Fort Pierce, in the girls’ 13-15 division. Holman earned her second win of the year with an even par finish of 142. Four birdies in round one led to a three under-par 69 and early lead for Holman. Amelia Novoa, of Coconut Creek, followed close behind after a round one 70. Despite three birdies in the final round, Novoa remained in second place after a second round 79 and 149 (+7) finish. Holman held onto her round one lead with a second round of one over-par 73. Finishing in third place was Gloria Nip, of Port Saint Lucie, after scoring five strokes better in round two for a 153 (+11) finish.
Boys 13-15 (6,531 yds, 72.6/131)
Shawn Lalmoni +4 (146)
Jake Manelas +4 (146)
Bryce Werblo +5 (147)
Sebastian Sacristan +5 (147)
Campbell Kennedy +6 (148)
Devan Chahal +6 (148)
Girls 13-15 (5,653 yds, 73.1/127)
Angelica Holman E (142)
Amelia Novoa +7 (149)
Gloria Nip +11 (153)
Arlynn Spence +12 (154)
Jennifer Lilly +12 (154)
Alyssa Fritz +14 (156)
Gracie Grant +14 (156)
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at Bear Lakes Country Club, in West Palm Beach, for the Boys 13-15 division and all Girls division at Black Diamond Ranch, in Lecanto, for the Boys 16-18 division, May 11-12.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,531 (72.6/131)|
|Girls 13-15||5,653 (73.1/127)|
|Sunny & Hot||87 °F|
|Hot & Partly Cloudy||88 °F|
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-15 age divisions (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 27th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 28th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 941-926-7600 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top three receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Heritage Oaks Golf & Country Club
4800 Chase Oaks Dr.
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click for Map