June 21-24, 2018
Entries Close: Wednesday, May 9th at 11:30 PM
The Florida State Amateur Championship is one of the oldest and most prestigious amateur golf championships in the country. This year the Amateur will head to The Concession Golf Club and Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton. The Concession Golf Club is an immaculate golf course designed by the famous Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin. The Concession Golf Club hosted the 2015 NCAA Division I Championship and will host the Concession Cup this April when Team USA faces off against the team from Great Britain and Ireland.
Located on tropical landscape, the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club offers a picturesque yet challenging golf experience. The Amateur Championship has a rich history dating back to 1913 with A.C. Ulmer winning the first of four titles. Other past champions include: Carl Dann Jr. (5 time champion & Hall of Fame inductee), Don Bisplinghoff (4 time champion & Hall of Fame inductee), Bob Murphy, Doug Sanders, Gary Koch, Jerry Pate, Buddy Alexander, and Blayne Barber. Click here for the 2017 tournament results.
- 72 holes of individual gross stroke play
- All players play 18 holes at The Concession Golf Club and 18 holes at Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club before the 36-hole cut
- The field is split between the two courses for round one and switch courses for round two
- The field is cut to the low 70 and ties after 36 holes
- The final 36 holes will be played at The Concession Golf Club
If necessary, there will be a hole-by-hole "sudden death" play-off for the Championship. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any playoff.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 168 players
- Amateur golfer
- Florida Resident
- A valid USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 11.4
- May 21 - Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club, Ocala
- May 21 - Indian River Club, Vero Beach
- May 21 - Lakewood National Golf Club, Bradenton
- May 22 - King & Bear - World Golf Village, St. Augustine
- May 24 - Eagle Creek Golf & Country Club, Naples
- May 24 - Monarch Country Club, Palm City
- May 30 - Disney's Palm Course, Lake Beuna Vista
- May 30 - Banyan Cay Resorty & Golf Club, West Palm Beach
- May 31 - TPC Tampa Bay, Tampa
- June 4 - Heathrow Country Club, Heathrow
- June 6 - Southwood Golf Club, Tallahassee
- June 7 - The Club at Eaglebrooke, Lakeland
- June 8 - Emerald Bay Golf Club, Destin
- June 11 - Fort Lauderdale Country Club, Fort Lauderdale
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee, range balls, and any course and cart fee for the qualifying round.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts and gift certificates, range balls and any course and cart fees for competitive rounds.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $135 either online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org or by check to the FSGA office for advance payment of Championship Fees. Payment must be received by Thursday, June 14th by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date.
Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 21st
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 at The Concession Golf Club
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 at Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club
Friday, June 22nd
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round Two tee times off of #1 and #10 at The Concession Golf Club
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round Two tee times off of #1 and #10 at Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club
After the completion of play, the field will be cut to low 70 players and ties
Saturday June 23rd
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round Three tee times off of #1 and #10 at The Concession Golf Club
Sunday June 24th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final Round tee times off of #1 and #10 at The Concession Golf Club
Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
The golf courses will be set-up at approximately 6,900-7,300 yards.
18 holes of stroke play at 14 qualifying sites. During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart. Caddies are acceptable, but he/she may not ride in a golf cart or carry the player's clubs. Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds.
Cristian DiMarco came out on top claiming the title of the 100th Amateur Champion. Shooting a four day total of eight-under par, 280, DiMarco held on to win the prestigious event by four shots over Brandon Mancheno. 2017 Results
During qualifying and the Championship proper, each player must use a golf cart which is included in the Qualifying and Championship Entry Fees.
Practice Round Cart Fees
Players must pay for practice round cart fees at qualifying sites and at the Championship.
Championship Practice Rounds and Practice Facility
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The cost of the practice round, including range balls and cart, is $40 plus tax. Only exempt and qualifying participants may play practice rounds. Alternates are not extended practice privileges. Please call 941-322-1465 for The Concession Golf Club and 941-309-2900 for Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club to schedule a practice round.
Players in the following categories are eligible for exemption from qualifying provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements:
NOTE: Blank entries will be filed by the FSGA for players who become exempt after the close of entries.
- Last 25 year's Amateur Champions
- Top 1,000 and tied from last year's final World Amateur Golf Rankings
- Top 15 and tied from last year's Amateur Championship
- Top 20 and tied from last year's final Player of the Year Points List
- Championship Host Clubs' Representative
- Last year's Florida Open Low Amateur
- Amateurs finishing top five and tied from last year's Florida Open Championship
- Last year's Boys Junior Champion (16-18 Age Division)
- Last year's Boys Junior Champion (13-15 Age Division)
- Last year's Amateur Match Play Semifinalists
- Last year's Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Champion
- Current year's Amateur Public Links Champion
- Last year's Mid-Senior Champion
- Last year's Senior Amateur Player of the Year
- Current year's Senior Amateur Champion
- Current and last two year's Mid-Amateur Champions
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Championship Semifinalists
- Last year's Junior Player of the Year
- Last year's FJT Points Champion
- Florida residents qualifying for last year's U.S. Amateur Championship
- Current year's final Winter Series Mid-Amateur (25-54) Points Leader
- Last year's FHSAA Boys Class 1A Individual Champion
- Last year's FHSAA Boys Class 2A Individual Champion
- Last year's FHSAA Boys Class 3A Individual Champion
Loss of Exemptions
- Amateur Champions prior to 2018 receive a lifetime exemption provided they remain an amateur
- After 2017, Amateur Champions and any prior winners who turn professional, will remain exempt for 25 years from the year of their victory, regardless of whether they turned professional and were subsequently reinstated as an amateur by the USGA.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next twenty-five Amateur Championships
- Next five Mid-Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Match Play Championships
- Next two Florida Open Championships
Top five and tied finishers
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year's Florida Open
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
Top fifteen and tied finishers
- Next year's Amateur Championship
Player's making the cut
- Next year's Boys' Junior Championship
Exemptions Earned After 2017
Beginning in 2018, the Winner will receive the exemptions above but will receive a 25-year exemption into the Amateur Championship rather than a lifetime exemption. This exemption to the Amateur will not be lost in the event a player turns professional and subsequently has his amateur status reinstated by the USGA. Winners of the 2017 Amateur and prior years are grandfathered in under the prior policy and receive a lifetime exemption, except that consistent with the prior exemption rules, they would lose their lifetime exemption if they turned professional. Winners prior to 2018 that do turn professional, will retain their exemption for 25 years, which may used if their amateur status is reinstated.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Sarasota Lakewood Ranch
6105 Exchange Way
$99 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online, or call referencing "FSGA Room Block". Must book by 5/30/2018
EVEN Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn Sarasota Lakewood Ranch)
6231 Lake Osprey Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240
$99 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online using group code "FGA" or call requesting "FSGA Room Block.
The Concession Golf Club and Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club accept Cash, Visa / MasterCard / American Express as forms of payment.
The Concession Golf Club
7700 Lindrick Lane
Bradenton, FL 34202
Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club
15150 70th Terrace East
Bradenton, FL 34202