FJT at Palm Aire CC (16-18)
February 16-17, 2019
SARASOTA, Fla. – Noah Kumar and Taylor Roberts were victorious on Sunday at Palm Aire Country Club. This was the first Florida Junior Tour win for Kumar and the fifth FJT win for Roberts.
Boys 16-18 Division
Kumar, of Sarasota, Fla., captured the win with a 6-under 138. He began the day in first place, after carding a 7-under 65 in the first round. He posted a bogey-free front nine on Saturday, with three birdies. He finished the round with three more birdies and an eagle on the par-5 11th hole on the back nine.
The 2020 graduate began the final round with a four-stroke lead over the rest of the field. Kumar struggled on the front nine, bogeying four of five holes. He birdied the 11th and 13th holes to move to 5-under for the event.
Kumar sank a 51-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole to secure his first FJT win. Prior to this win, his best finish came at Old Corkscrew Golf Club, where he tied for second.
Robbie Higgins, of Bradenton, Fla., took home second place, one-stroke behind Kumar at 5-under 139. Carter Lewis, Joshua Perna and Fletcher Wunderlich tied for third at even-par 144.
Girls 16-18 Division
Roberts, of Parkland, Fla., won the Girls’ Division with a 4-over 140. Heading into the final round, she was in a tie for first, after a first round 2-under 70, the low-round of the tournament. The 2020 graduate carded three birdies and an eagle on the fifth hole.
Starting on the 10th hole, Roberts started the final round with back-to-back birdies on the second and third holes. Roberts carded a bogey-free final nine, with a birdie on the first holes. She posted a final-round 2-under 70.
This was Roberts’ first FJT win since May 2018 at Trump National Doral.
Madison Hewlett captured second place at 1-under 143, while Jacqueline Putrino finished third at even-par 144.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6915 yds., 72.9/130|
|Girls 16-18||5924 yds., 74.6/128|
|Sunny and breezy||78 °F|
16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Maxing out at just over 7,000 yards, the Champions course at Palm Aire Country Club is back on the Florida Junior Tour schedule for the upcoming season. In years previous, Palm Aire CC has hosted US Junior qualifiers. Located in Sarasota, Palm Aire CC is a short drive from the Gulf beaches, shops, and restaurants.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 5,900 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, February 16th
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:30 AM - 12:27 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, February 17th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 noon the weekend before on a space-available basis. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 941-355-9738 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
*PALM AIRE HAS A LARGE PORTION OF THE MEMBERSHIP THAT PLAYS GOLF IN THE AFTERNOON, SPECIFICALLY FRIDAY AFTERNOONS. PLEASE PLAN YOUR PRACTICE ROUND ACCORDINGLY.*
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
5601 Country Club Way
Sarasota, FL 34243
Click for Map