Forty & Over Championship
July 9-11, 2021
OCALA, Fla. - Joe Alfieri became the 53rd Forty & Over champion on Sunday afternoon at the Country Club of Ocala. He did so with rounds of 72-67-71—210, the only player in the field to fire three rounds at par or better.
It was a tale of two very different golf courses this week with the Country Club of Ocala playing four shots more difficult for the field than the other host site, Stone Creek Golf Club. Alfieri opened with a very solid 72 on Friday at the CC of Ocala and then capitalized at Stone Creek on Saturday, firing a 67 and moving back to within two shots of the lead.
On a Sunday where players were moving all over the leaderboard, Alfieri stayed consistent and played some of the best golf of the tournament coming down the stretch. After and opening bogey on the first hole, he played the next 17 holes at 2-under par, which included 15 pars and two birdies. Runner-up Steve Albright put some pressure on Alfieri with an eagle on the 18th to cut the lead to one shot, but it wasn’t enough to shake him as he comfortably rolled in a par putt to secure the one-shot victory.
Alfieri, the current Mid-Amateur champion, added his second Forty & Over Championship to an already impressive resume of FSGA championships.
Ocala local, Albright rolled in an eagle putt on the 18th to finish solo second with rounds of 70-68-73-211. Two-time champion, RJ Nakashian finished in third with 66-73-73-212.
The Forty & Over Championship (formerly the Mid-Senior Championship) is a great opportunity for scratch players to compete against their peers age 40 and over. The championship garners a crowd of guys who are excited to compete against peers for the weekend, playing golf on Friday and Saturday morning over two courses (CC of Ocala & Stone Creek GC), then cut for Sunday's final round at CC of Ocala.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Country Club of Ocala||6701 yds., 73.1/138|
|Stone Creek Golf Club||6646 yds., 72.0/122|
|Cloudy & Humid||85 °F|
|Sunny & Hot||86 °F|
Format: 54 holes of individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least age 40 and over
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fee: $210
- 54 holes of individual gross stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 156 players
- All players play 18 holes on each the Country Club of Ocala and Stone Creek Golf Club before the 36-hole cut
- The field is split between the two courses for round one and switch courses for round two
- The field is cut to the low 60 and ties after 36 holes
- The final 18 holes will be played at the Country Club of Ocala
If necessary, there will be a hole-by-hole "sudden death" play-off for the Championship. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any playoff.
- FSGA Adult member; age 40 and over by the first day of the championship
- Male amateur golfer with valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 10.0
- Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Friday, July 9th
- 7:15 AM - 8:30 AM - Player registration at each golf course
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 at the Country Club of Ocala
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 at Stone Creek Golf Club
Saturday, July 10th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off of #1 and #10 at the Country Club of Ocala
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off of #1 and #10 at Stone Creek Golf Club
- After the completion of play, the field will be cut to low 60 players and ties
Sunday, July 11th
- 8:30 AM - Final round Shotgun
- Complimentary player's lunch following final round
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
The golf courses will be set-up at approximately 6,500 - 6,800 yards.
Daniel Debra, of Lutz, won the 2020 Forty & Over Championship with rounds of 68-68-72--208 to win by two strokes. Debra led wire-to-wire and held of the 2019 Champion Joe Alfieri coming down the stretch in the final round. Debra was only one of two players in the field to post three rounds at even par or better.
Click here to view the previous year's results.
Each player must use a golf cart during Championship rounds.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The cost of the practice round, including range balls and cart, is $30. Please call Country Club of Ocala at 352-237-6644 and Stone Creek Golf Club at 352-854-1272 to arrange a practice round time.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Next year's Amateur Championship
Top thirty and tied finishers
- Next year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
CC of Ocala and Stone Creek accept Cash, Visa / MasterCard / American Express as forms of payment.
Country Club of Ocala
6823 SE 12th Circle
ocala, FL 34480
Click here for directions.
Stone Creek Golf Club
9676 SW 62nd Loop
Ocala, FL 34481
Click here for directions.