May 14-15, 2016
Schonfeld & McCann Win Together
Round one began early Saturday morning on the Ocean Links Course in modified alternate shot format. Each player hit a tee shot, the team then selected a ball to be played into the hole and alternated playing that ball into the hole. Two teams got off to a quick start and tied for first after the round one. Bruce Schilling, of Ponte Vedra Beach, and teammate David Anthony, of Jacksonville, tied the team of Yash Majmudar and Hou Kuan Choi, both from Clermont, with a two under-par 68. Following close behind at even par (70) were the teams of Bob Campione/Chad Frank and Len Schonfeld/Luke McCann.
After refueling with some lunch, the teams teed up for round two Saturday afternoon on the Oak Marsh course. David Garratt, of Saint Augustine, and Jordan Ebanks, of Saint Johns, shot the low round in two-man scramble format with ten under-par, 62 to finish two shots back in second place (134 two-round total). The duo of Yash Majmudar and Hou Kuan Choi captured the outright lead with a second round 64 and two-round total of 132. Schilling/Anthony fired a second 68 to fall back to tied for third place with teammates Schonfeld and McCann (136 two-round total).
The final round was played on the Long Point Course in Four Ball, or best ball of two, format. While Majmudar/Choi struggled to an even par final round of 72, Schonfeld/McCann started advancing up the leaderboard from four strokes back. After carding an impressive five under-par final round of 67, Len Schonfeld and Luke McCann captured first place by one stroke with a 203 tournament total. Garratt and Ebanks fired a two under-par third round to remain in second place tied with Majmudar/Choi (204 tournament total). The low round of the day, six under-par 66, came from teammates Gary Blackwell and Clayton Brewer who tied Airik Medinis/Mike Andre for fourth place (206 tournament total). The Two-Man Shoot-Out is the first Championship Schonfeld and McCann, both from Jacksonville, won as a team!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Shoot-Out||5965 yds. 68.2 / 131|
|Shoot-Out||6533 yds 72.4 / 134|
|Shoot-Out||6640 yds. 72.3 / 132|
|Sunny and Breezy||78 °F|
~ Ocean Links, Oak Marsh and Long Point Courses ~
The Amelia Island Club, located 30 miles northeast of Jacksonville, is hosting the 2016 Two-Man Shootout, one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship. For a look at the 2015 Two-Man Shootout results click here.
- 54 Holes of stroke play
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot/Scramble/Four-Ball)
- Maximum 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- $380 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $400 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,500-6,700 yards.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 14th
- Morning Round (Ocean Links Course) - 8:00 AM shotgun - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included (appropriate beverages available)
- Afternoon Round (Oak Marsh) - 1:30 PM shotgun - Two-Man Scramble (18 holes)
Sunday, May 15th
- Final Round (Long Point Course) - 8:00 AM shotgun - Four Ball (Best Ball of Two - 18 holes)
- Play-Off - For overall team Champion only. The format for the play-off is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole by hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $30 plus tax.
Please call (904) 277-5907 for Oak Marsh and Ocean Links.
Please call (904) 277-5908 for Long Point.
The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Joseph Solenski and Paul Humbert captured the 2015 Two-Man Shoot-Out at The Polo Club of Boca Raton in Boca Raton. Solenski and Humbert posted scores of 69, 65, and 67 to win by one stroke over the duos of Daniel Eggertsson and Ben Adelberg, and Nick diPietra and Marc France.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island - Historic Harbor Front
19 South 2nd Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
$119 per room, per night plus tax
Call to book referencing the FL State Golf Association Room Block, or click here to book online.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation accepts Visa and MasterCard and AmericanExpress for method of payment.
Directions to Club
39 Beach Lagoon Road
Amelia Island, FL 32034