Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out
November 2-3, 2018
Jerry Young, New Port Richey & Bobby Lundquist, Sanford (Super-Senor Champions) | Doug Snoap, Apopka & Robert Parker, Sanford (Senior Champions)
ChampionsGate Country Club, ChampionsGate, Fla.
Par 72 - 6,544 yds. 71.1/128 (Senior) / 6,169 yds. 69.8/126 (Super-Senior)
CHAMPIONSGATE, Fla. - The duo of Doug Snoap and Robert Parker and the pairing of Bobby Lundquist and Jerry Young captured the win at the inaugural Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out on Saturday at ChampionGate Country Club. Snoap and Parker won the Senior title in a play-off, while Lundquist and Young secured first place in the Super-Senior division.
The Two-Man Shoot-Out consisted of 54 holes of stroke play with two-man teams and gross stroke play (no handicaps). Each round was a different form of play: modified alternate shot, scramble and four-ball.
Snoap and Parker needed three extra holes to claim the win in the Senior Division. The pair held a two-stroke lead heading into Saturday's four-ball round. They carded a two-under 70 in the final round, with Parker posting two birdies and only one bogey. Snoap and Parker finished the final round with a 14-under 202, tied with Owen Joyer and Sam Till. Snoap birdied the third playoff hole to secure the victory for his team.
In the Super-Senior division, Lundquist and Young used a three-under 69 in Saturday's four-ball round to take home the Super-Senior victory. The duo was the only team in the field to post three under-par scores in the event. They carded a 14-under 202 to finish three strokes ahead of runner-ups Neil Kopinski and Robert Thorpe. Heading into the final round, Lundquist and Young held a three-shot lead and they used the best round of the day to take that lead to a victory.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Senior||6,544 yds. 71.1/128|
|Super-Senior||6,169 yds. 69.6/126|
|Breezy, 45 minute delay||71 °F|
|Breezy & Cool||71 °F|
2018 marks the inaugural Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out Championship. Modeled after the very popular Two-Man Shoot-Out, the Championship combines modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship.
ChampionsGate Country Club in Davenport combines elevation changes and contours of the natural landscape to form one of central Florida's newest combination of beauty and playability. With expansive white sand bunkers and mature true greens, the golfing experience is truly one of a kind. The Championship is sure to fill up quickly!
- 54 holes of stroke play
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Senior (55-64) & Super-Senior (65 & Over) Age Divisions
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot / Scramble / Four-Ball)
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers at least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- $380 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $400 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,000 (Super-Senior) - 6,500 yards (Senior).
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 2nd
- Morning Round - 8:00 AM shotgun - 18 holes of Modified Alternate Shot where each player hits a tee shot. Next, the team must select one of the two balls and plays that ball into the hole playing alternate shots
- Lunch - Included with entry fee
- Afternoon Round - 1:30 PM shotgun - 18 holes of Two-Man Scramble
Saturday, November 3rd
- Final Round - 8:30 AM shotgun - 18 holes of Four Ball (Best Ball of Two)
- Play-Off - For overall team Champion only. The format for the play-off is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole-by-hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Senior Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35 plus tax. Please call 407-507-2756 to schedule your starting time.
The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The FSGA does not yet have a host hotel for this event.
ChampionsGate Country Club accepts cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
Directions to Club
8950 Clifton Draw Drive
ChampionsGate, Florida 33896