FJT at Stone Creek GC (Boys 16-18)
February 24-25, 2018
Stone Creek Golf Club, Ocala, FL
Par 72, 7,033 yds.
Course Rating & Slope - 73.4/125
Picture left to right: Jordan Sarhaddi, Roberto Nieves, Drew Angelo
It was a perfect weekend for golf and the juniors proved that they absolutely love Stone Creek Golf Club as we saw a total on 437 birdies over the two days. Brendan Valdes held the round one lead with an opening round of 67, but the leader board was tightly compacted as the top 23 players we all under par. As the sun rose on the morning of the final round, the competitors knew it would take something low to capture the title. Two golfers would come in with a tournament low 65 and finish first and second. Drew Angelo fired a 71-65--136, but it was one shot shy of our champion, Roberto Nieves whose spectacular 70-65--135 was the best of the best for the weekend. Jordan Sarhaddi dialed up rounds of 68-69 to finish in third.
This is Roberto's first FJT win and he is looking forward to carrying the momentum forward as the season progresses.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||7,033 yds., 73.4/125|
|Sunny w/ a light breeze||84 °F|
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Stone Creek GC is a fairly new golf course (opened in 2008) and is back on the FJT schedule. Stone Creek is made of Bermuda fairways and greens and has some unique golf course architecture. This course is sure to challenge which will provide for an exciting weekend.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, February 24th
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, February 25th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call 352-854-1272 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by GolfWeek & Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & AccommodationsThere is no host hotel at this time.
9676 S W 62nd Loop
Ocala, FL 34481
Click for Map