FJT at Trump National - 54-Holes (Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-18)
May 25-27, 2019
Miami, Fla. – Drew Angelo, Shawn Lalmoni, Skylee Shin & Caiyi (Flora) Zhang earned impressive FJT 54-Hole Major wins at Trump National Doral.
The Florida Junior Tour 54-Hole Major was played at the prestigious Trump National Doral. The players battled through windy conditions to post impressive rounds and earn great victories. The Boys 13-15 and Girls 13-18 divisions conquered the Red Course while the Boys 16-18 division played the first two rounds on the Golden Palm Course and the final round on the Blue Monster.
A second FJT (16-18) win was accomplished by Doral native, Skylee Shin, by one stroke with a three-day total of 227 (+11). Shin was leading by one stroke, over Kayla Holden, heading into the final round after two consistent rounds of 77. It was a back and forth final round with Holden, of Coral Springs, chasing Shin for the win. Holden started the third round with two birdies in the first three holes while Shin scored two bogies. Holden remained steady throughout the remainder of the round, but with three birdies on holes five, six, and eight, Shin held onto the lead. Despite Both Holden and Shin scoring a final round 73, Shin’s early lead allowed her to come out on top of the leaderboard. Shin added a second FJT victory of the year to her resume while Holden finished in second place at 228 (+12). Ashleigh Angelo, of Bradenton, had her best finish of the year in third place with rounds of 76-78-77 for a 231 (+15) total.
Girls 16-18 Leaderboard
Red Course: (5,717 yds 74.6/138)
1. Skylee Shin +11 (227)
2. Kayla Holden +12 (228)
3. Ashleigh Angelo +15 (231)
4. Lauren Davenport +19 (235)
T5. Agatha Alesson +21 (237)
T5. Alex Crafton +21 (237)
Shawn Lalmoni, of Orlando, won his fourth consecutive FJT (13-15) event in a row by three strokes. Lalmoni took the early lead with an even par first round and never lost sight of first place for his wire-to-wire victory. In round two, Shawn carded four birdies en route to a 73 and a total of nine birdies over the three days. A final round 75 secured the win for Lalmoni with a 220 (+4) total. Brett White, of Plantation, and Reggie Zhu, of Winter Garden, tied for second place, three strokes back at 223 (+7). White scored an impressive final round of 68, 10 strokes less than day two, to climb to second place. Guoao (Leo) Xu posted the tournament low round of 67 in his final round due to eight birdies on the day.
Boys 13-15 Leaderboard
Red Course: (6,307 yds. 71.4/135)
1. Shawn Lalmoni +4 (220)
T2. Brett White +7 (223)
T2. Reggie Zhu +7 (223)
4. Brody Stevenson +8 (224)
5. Nicholas Prieto +9 (225)
Caiyi (Flora) Zhang, of Bradenton, had a near flawless final round to secure her first FJT (13-15) victory by eight strokes. Zhang was tied with Amelie Alcantara, of Plantation, at the start of the final round. Alcantara struggled during the third round making the turn at four over-par while Zhang turned at one under-par. Zhang posted one bogey on the final nine holes to finish with an even par round and 228 (+12) victory. Amelie claimed third place at 237 (+21) and Amelia Novoa finished in second with a come-back third round of 76 for a 236 (+20) total.
Girls 13-15 Leaderboard
Red Course: (5,717 yds 74.6/138)
1. Caiyi (Flora) Zhang +12 (228)
2. Amelia Novoa +20 (236)
3. Amelie Alcantara +21 (237)
T4. Kiley Malmberg +24 (240)
T4. Makenna Rodriguez +24 (240)
Follow the FJT:
Check out the TrackMan Combine schedule by clicking here!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,307 yds. 71.4/135|
|Girls 13-18||5,717 yds 74.6/138|
|20 MPH Wind Gusts||86 °F|
|25 MPH Wind Gusts||89 °F|
Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-18 Age Division
$155 or $175 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
The Florida Junior Tour heads to Trump National Doral for Memorial Day weekend. The course rotation for the weekends event is Saturday - Red Tiger, Sunday - Red Tiger, and Monday - Red Tiger. Newly renovated, Trump National Doral has hosted numerous PGA Tour events. This facility is a wonderful place to spend your Memorial Day weekend.
- 54-holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards
Note to Girls
The 16-18 and 13-15 age divisions will play the same set of tees (approximately 6,000 yards). Results that are sent to Junior Golf Scoreboard, GolfWeek, and AJGA will have the two divisions combined. The divisions will remain separate for FJT purposes (awards, points, exemptions, etc.)
How Entries are Accepted (Different than 36-hole events)
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- After the close of entries, all non-exempt players will be ranked by their standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN handicap members) or $175 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 25th - Red Tiger course
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 26th - Red Tiger course
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Monday, May 27th - Red Tiger course
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 305-592-2030 to arrange your practice round. Players are entitled to only one practice round on each course. The price for a parent to play either course is $99.00 + tax The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
Girls 13-18 (Both divisions combined for AJGA purposes)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard, GolfWeek and WAGR.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Spectator carts may be purchased for $30 + tax.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below).
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Trump National Doral Miami Hotel
$129 per room, per night, plus tax & a $20 resort fee. Call 305-717-6350 to speak to reservations
Rooms MUST be booked by April 23, 2019 to receive rate
Trump National Doral
4400 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Click for Map