Super-Senior Amateur Match Play
June 3-6, 2019
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship Division||6,196 yds. 70.6/134|
|70-74 Age Division||6,012 yds. 69.5/132|
|75 & Over Age Division||5,666 yds. 68.0/129|
The Super-Senior Amateur Match Play is a great chance for the more experienced players in Florida to compete for a state Championship Title. This years event is being hosted by The Founders Club in Sarasota. There are three divisions in the Championship; Championship Division (open to any players 65+), 70-74 Age Division, and 75 & Over Age Division. To view past results form the Super-Senior Amateur Match Play Championship please click here.
- $185 GHIN or Foundation Member
- $195 Non-GHIN Member
Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the field is full. Entries are then placed on an alternates list in order of receipt and contacted if, and when, a spot becomes available.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- 18 holes of individual stroke play on Monday to determine match play seeds for all divisions as follows:
- Championship Division - low 16 players advance to the Championship bracket
- a tie for last qualifier's place will be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole playoff in the Championship bracket only.
- any players not making the Championship bracket, will be flighted into brackets of 8 based on seeding round score (USGA tie-break will be used)
- 70-74 Age Division and 75 & Over Age Division - players will be flighted into brackets of 8 based on seeding round score (USGA tie-break will be used)
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
- All brackets are single elimination match play
- All players are guaranteed at least two rounds of golf (one stroke play and one match play)
Championship Field Size
- 80 players
- Male amateur golfer
- At least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- A valid USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 11.4
Course Set-Up & Age Divisions
All players will be placed in the age division commensurate with their age as of the first day of Championship (unless choosing to enter the Championship Division).
The course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,100 - 6,300 yards - Championship Division (any player may choose to enter)
- 5,900 - 6,100 yards - 70-74 Age Division
- 5,500 - 5,700 yards - 75 & Over Age Division
Schedule of Events
Monday, June 3
- Stroke Play Seeding Round - 8:30 AM shotgun start.
- A tie for last qualifier's place will be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole playoff in the Championship Division only following completion of the stroke play round
- Complimentary players' lunch buffet in the main clubhouse
Tuesday, June 4
- 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM 1st & 10th tee start - Round of 16 Matches for Championship Division and Quarterfinal Matches for all other Divisions
- 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM - Quarterfinal Matches for Championship Division
Wednesday, June 5
8:00 AM - 9:45 AM - Semifinal Matches all Divisions
Thursday, June 6
- 8:00 AM - 8:48 AM - Final Matches all Divisions
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 941-379-3701 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
In 2018, Bruce Scamehorn cruised to victory with a 6&5 win in the Championship Division final match. In the Age Division of 70-74, Jack Ramsey won his Championship Match 2 Up. In the third Division of players aged 75 & Over, Jim Dubois had an impressive match victory of 5&4.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
Winner (Championship Division)
- Next Year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Founders Club
3800 Golf Hall Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240