FJT at Orange County National (9-12)
November 11-12, 2017
Florida Junior Tour (9-12)
- Orange County National - Panther Lake - November 11-12, 2017
- Boys 11-12 - Yardages and Rating - 5,525 yds. 66.7/115
- Boys 9-10 - Yardages and Rating - 4,895 yds. 63.9/108
- Girls 11-12 - Yardages and Rating - 4,895 yds. 68.8/118
- Girls 9-10 - Yardages and Rating - 4,255 yds. 65.3/110
Boys' 11-12 Division
Xiang Yun (Justin) Bai - 74-75--149
Justin Bai, from Lake Mary, started his first ever FJT event in style posting the clubhouse lead after round 1 with a two over-par, 74. His solid first round was enough to give him a three stroke lead over both Brett Moore and Jackson Hiller. Paired together in the final group, these three players battled it out in the final round on Sunday. Justin played steady all day long and failed to give back any shots to the field going on to win the event by 6 strokes!
Boys' 9-10 Division
Aaron DeWitt - 71-69--140 *Won in Playoff*
Aaron DeWitt, from Winter Haven, found himself trailing by one stroke heading into Sunday's final round after opening with a solid one under-par round of 71 on Saturday. Round one leader, Jack Roberts, didn't let off the breaks on Sunday and posted back-to-back rounds of two under-par, 70 making it extremely difficult for anyone in the field to reel him in. Aaron was up to the task on Sunday morning posting a three under-par, 69, to force a playoff with Jack as the two players found themselves seven strokes ahead of their nearest competitor. After hitting his approach shot on the first playoff hole, the par-5, 18th hole, Aaron found himself with about a 10 foot birdie putt to win the event. With a confident stroke and spectators holding their breath, DeWitt rolled in the birdie to take home his first FJT victory.
Girls' 11-12 Division
Ariana Carvalho - 81-79--160
Similar to the 9-10 boys' division Champion, Ariana Carvalho, from Windermere, found herself one stroke behind the leader after round one was completed on Saturday. Paired in the final group with round one leader, Sarah Loza, the two players went back and forth all day on the golf course on Sunday. Ariana was able to fend off Sarah to claim a one stroke victory thanks to the only score under 80 in the 11-12 girls' division all weekend.
Girls' 9-10 Division
Gianna Clemente - 76-75--151
Gianna Clemente, from Warren, Ohio, played extremely steady golf all weekend long in her first Florida Junior Tour event. Gianna got off to a great start and opened up a three stroke lead after round one. With an overall two-day total of 7 over-par, 151, Gianna claimed the win by nine strokes over second place finisher, Madison Moman.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5,525 yds. 66.7/115|
|Boys 9-10||4,895 yds. 63.9/108|
|Girls 11-12||4,895 yds. 68.8/118|
|Girls 9-10||4,255 yds. 65.3/110|
|Passing Rain Showers||77 °F|
9-12 Age Division
$85 entry fee
No membership required
This is a two-day, 36-hole event!
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning
- 84 total players
- 9-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parent's Mandatory Meeting on Saturday- (45 minutes prior to tee time, approximately 20 minutes long) FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments. i.e: Etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf, and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 4,200 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 11th
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:00 AM - 11:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Sunday, November 12th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Subject to change:
9:30 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:00 - 10:18 AM
10:00 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:27 - 10:54 AM
10:30 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:03 - 11:30 AM
11:00 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:39 - 11:57 AM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon on weekends. The price for a practice round is $35.00.
Please call 407-656-2626 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard in the 11 - 12 age divisions only.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
The FSGA does not have a host hotel for this event.
Orange County National Golf and Lodge
16301 Phil Ritson Way
Winter Garden, FL 34787