Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship
March 22-23, 2014
LaCrosse & Veneziano Win Senior/Mid Am
The team of Doug LaCrosse and Jon Veneziano went wire-to-wire to capture the 11th Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club - King's Dunes course, in Lakewood Ranch, on March 22-23.
The 2013 Senior and Amateur Players of the Year, Doug LaCrosse, of Tampa, and Jon Veneziano, of Mount Dora, posted a tournament total of 16-under par 128 to capture the first Men’s Championship of the season. The duo posted the low round of the Championship in the first round, with an impressive score of nine-under par 63, to take a one stroke lead over three teams heading into Sunday. LaCrosse and Veneziano held off the strong field in the final round posting another solid round of seven-under par 65, which was good enough for a one stroke victory.
The team of Randy Elliott, of Winter Park and Thad Hudgens, of Longwood, finished in second place just one stroke back, after rounds of 64-65 for a tournament total of 129. The Defending Champions, Stephen Anderson, of Hobe Sound, and Rick Woulfe, of Fort Lauderdale, finished alone in third place with a tournament total of 14-under par 130.
The field included 51 teams of one partner over 55 years of age and the other between 25-54 years old. In the Championship, competitors played 36 holes of four-ball stroke play over the course of two days.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mostly Sunny & Breezy||77 °F|
~ King's Dunes Course ~
Entries Close Wednesday, March 5, 2014
$330 per team ($310 with GHIN handicaps)
Four-Ball is one of the most popular and enjoyable formats in all of golf. Partners play their own ball into the hole and take the better score for the hole of the two of them. There will be separate tees for the mid-amateurs and seniors to accommodate all players. For a look at the 2013 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play, (commonly known as a two-person, best-ball)
- 48 total teams
- The lowest gross team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
- Teams consist of one male amateur at least 55 years of age, and one male amateur 25-54 years of age as of March 22, 2014
- Entrants must both be members of the FSGA.
- $310 per team GHIN Member or Foundation Member
- $330 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- Mid-Amateurs - 6,700-6,900 yards
- Senior Amateurs - 6,300-6,500 yards
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 22nd
- 12:00 PM Round One tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, March 23rd
- 9:00 AM Final Round shotgun
After 18 holes the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and/or the range of scores.
Only one of the partners per team need sign the score card and each score to count must be individually identifiable. See Rule 31-3.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event. Practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM. The cost of a practice round is $40.00 plus tax. Please call (941) 907-4710 to reserve a time for a practice round. The place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple balls on the golf course is unacceptable.
The team of Stephen Anderson and Rick Woulfe went wire-to-wire firing a two round total 65-69-134 to capture the 10th Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship at the Santa Lucia River Club in Port Saint Lucie, on March 23-24, 2013.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
The winners earn an exemption into the current year's Four-Ball Championship.
Please click the View Hotels tab in the Tournament Links for hotels in the Lakewood Ranch area.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club accepts Cash and Visa/MasterCard for method of payment.
Directions to Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club
Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club
7650 Legacy Blvd
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Click here for directions