Eagle Creek G&CC - 54-Hole Major (Boys 16-18)
May 23-25, 2015
Patrick Mills Captures FJT Major
The Florida Junior Tour Boys’ 16-18 age division battled through tough weather conditions during round one on Saturday. Not one group made it to the scoring table before the rains postponed the finish of round one to Sunday morning. Patrick Mills, of Tampa, never let the weather phase him and fired a two under-par 70 in the first round. He led the tournament by one stroke over Jeremy Perna and William Wrigley entering round two.
Round two followed round one on Sunday morning and, with seven groups left on the course, more storms rolled through. Thankfully the players were able to finish the second round on Sunday evening. Mills consistently posted another round of 70 but was followed closely by three players shooting three under-par, 69. Juan Arrazola, Jake Holt, and Zachary Bariso finished in second, third, and fourth place respectively following Mills at the top.
Monday’s weather, although hot, was full of sunny skies. Patrick Mills struggled on the front nine with a score of 41, but by making birdies on holes 10, 11, 12, and 15, for a back nine score of 33, seized the victory by one stroke. Juan Arrazola, of Weston, tied Zachary Bariso, of Boca Raton, for second place with a tournament total 215. Arrazola was two under-par through 14 holes but faltered with a bogey on hole 15, double-bogey on 16, and bogey on 18. Bariso finished the front nine one under-par but bogeyed the 18th hole. Both players avoided a playoff with Mills by making a bogey on the 18th hole.
Jake Holt, of West Palm Beach, finished in fourth place with scores of 73-69-74—216. Spencer Alexander claimed fifth place after posting consistent scores of 72-73-72—217. Patrick Mills' tournament total of 214 (70-70-74) earned him his first win in his last FJT event. Mills will be heading to Oglethorpe University in the fall.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,816 yds., 72.8/133|
|Round 1 Delayed||92 °F|
|Two Hour Delay||93 °F|
|Sunny & Warm||93 °F|
Entries Open: Wednesday, April 1st
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, April 15th
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$155 or $175 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Constructed in 1984, the 18-hole championship golf course at Eagle Creek Golf and Country Club offers a challenging adventure through Southwest Florida’s native landscape and environment. The course was originally designed by renowned golf course architect Larry Packard who is considered to be the father of the dreaded double dogleg and one of only three golf course architects to ever receive the Distinguished Service Award by the American Society of Golf Course Architects. Larry is also the architect for the Copperhead course at Innisbrook Resort (where this event has been played in previous years). With Bermuda fairways and Tifeagle greens, this golf course will be a challenge this Memorial Day weekend.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 54-holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted (Different than 36-hole events)
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- After the close of entries, all non-exempt players will be ranked by their standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN handicap members) or $175 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 23rd
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 24th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Monday, May 25th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 239-774-2202 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 12 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 8 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard, GolfWeek and WAGR
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Eagle Creek Golf & Country Club
11 Cypress View Dr.
Naples, FL 34113
Click for Map