Amateur Match Play Championship
August 9-12, 2012
Seiffert Prevails Over Fellow Seminole
Chase Seiffert defeated Hank Lebioda in the final match to win the 22nd Florida State Amateur Match Play Championship at Country Club of Orlando on August 9-12.
During the morning Semifinal Round, Chase Seiffert started out his day with a hole-in-one on hole thirteen against Joe Alfieri of Lutz. He then birdied hole fourteen and eagled fifteen, to secure his spot in the Final Round against fellow Seminole teammate, Hank Lebioda of Winter Springs. In the Final Round, Chase got off to a quick start by winning the first two holes. Hank then came back and kept the match close on the front nine after winning the third hole. By hole ten, the match was square until Seiffert fired four birdies on the next five holes to secure his victory at 4 and 3. It is Chase Seiffert’s 21st birthday and his third FSGA state championship title. Earlier in the year Sieffert captured the Amateur Championship at The Bear's Club in Jupiter, as well as the Florida Open Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton. Full Story
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Sunnay and Warm||92 °F|
Entries Close June 27, 2012
The Country Club of Orlando will play host to the 22nd Amateur Match Play Championship. The Amateur Match Play attracts the finest players in Florida and serves as preparation for many players who are heading to the U.S. Amateur the following week.
Male amateurs must be a member of the FSGA
Must have a handicap index no higher than 11.4.
- $65 ($75 - members who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap).
- Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $125 on the FSGA website under the "My Account" section, which can be located in the top right hand corner of the web-page.
- Payment must be received by Monday, August 6th by 12:00 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship Fee includes cart fees for all competitive rounds.
Exempt Player's Fee
$160 ($170 - members who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap). Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption. (See below)
Championship Format and Seeding
- 18 holes of individual stroke play on Thursday to determine seeds in round of 64. Ties for seeds will be broken randomly.
- Single elimination round of 64 match play will begin on Friday morning.
- The round of 32 is scheduled to begin Friday afternoon.
- The round of 16 will be played on Saturday morning followed by the quarter-finals that afternoon.
- The semi-finals will be played on Sunday morning and the finals will be held on Sunday Afternoon.
Championship Field Size
18 holes stroke play at 7 sites. During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart. Caddies are acceptable, but he/she may not ride in a golf cart or carry the player's clubs. Players are responsible for cart fees for all practices rounds.
Qualifying Sites - Click here
Don Bell, of Port Orange, defeated David Brown, from Eustis, 1 up at Southern Hills Plantation Golf Club, in Brooksville.
During qualifying and the Championship proper, each player must use a golf cart. Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round cart fees at qualifying sites and at the Championship proper.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (407) 425-2319 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Players in the following categories will be exempt from the seeding round and will be directly placed into the Championship flight provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
- Last three year's Amateur Match Play Champions
- Last year's Amateur Match Play semifinalists
- Last three year's Amateur Champions
- Current year's top five & tied Amateur Championship finishers
- Last three year's Mid-Amateur Champion
- Last year's Mid-Amateur Championship semifinalists
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Champion
- Current year's Amateur Public Links Champion
- Last year's Mid-Senior Champion
- Last year's Junior Amateur Match Play Champion (16-18 age division)
- Last year's Florida Open Low Amateur
- Current year's Boys Junior Champion (16-18 age division)
Championship Pace of Play
Click here to read the Championship Pace of Play Policy.
Hard Card; Local Rules and Conditions of Competitions
Click here to read the Hard Card and additional Conditions of Competitions.
Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, caddie and spectator and other policies.
Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into either qualifying for the Championship or into the Championship proper.
Click here for hotels in the Orlando area.
Spectators and Caddies
Spectators and caddies are always welcome at FSGA Championships. Only players are allowed to ride in carts. If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Method of Payment
The Country Club of Orlando will accept cash and Visa/MasterCard for payment.
Country Club of Orlando
1601 Country Club Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
Click here for directions.