66th Boys' Junior Amateur Championship - 13-15 Division
July 11-13, 2020
Turner Triumphant at Streamsong
STREAMSONG, Fla. – The Black Course at Streamsong Resort proved to be a tough test, but it was Jack Turner who was crowned the 13-15 champion at the 66th Boys’ Junior Amateur Championship on Monday. Turner fired a 12-under 207 to capture the 11-shot victory and his first FSGA championship.
“It means a lot, “Turner said. “I’ve been playing well over the last few tournaments, so to finally come out on top means a lot.”
After posting back-to-back rounds of 70 in the first two rounds, he began the final round with a four-shot lead over the field. Turner, who started the day on the 12th hole, got off to a quick start with a birdie on the 14th. The Orlando native posted bogey-free front nine, adding a birdie on the first hole.
Turner kept up the strong play on his second nine. He birdied back-to-back holes on the fourth and fifth. He carded his only bogey of the day on the seventh, but quickly rebounded with two-straight birdies.
“My putting was definitely the strongest part of my game, especially on these greens," Turner said. "You can hit a lot of greens out here and still shoot over-par. My speed control and my short putts were really solid this week. I think that is what helped me get the win.”
He finished the day with a birdie on the 10th to secure the 11-shot victory, the largest margin of victory in the 13-15 Division in FSGA history. His final-round 67 was also the low round of the championship, while he was the only player in the field to shoot three under-par rounds.
Danny Erickson took home a second-place finish with a 1-under 218. Starting the day in a tie for fourth place, Erickson carded an even-par 73 in the final round to move a couple of spot up the leaderboard.
Turner and Erickson were the only two players to post under-par rounds for the championship.
Chase Carroll and Carson Brewer finished in a tie for third at even-par 219. Carroll finished the championship with a final-round 74, while Brewer carded a final-round 75.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys' Jr. 13-15||6,992 yds., 73.3/133|
|Scattered showers and strong breeze||96 °F|
Entries for tournaments scheduled in June and early July will be processed (charged) when we are certain the tournament will be conducted. State and county guidelines may require us to modify the field size. If the field size is modified, the FSGA reserves the right to modify the field determination process.
Championship Format Change For 2020 Only
84 Player Championship Field - 54 Holes Stroke Play with no cut
Course Rotation: All rounds to be played on the Black Course
Format: 54-holes of gross stroke play; No cut
Eligibility: Male Florida resident - junior golfer
Handicap: Florida GHIN required (10.0 or less)
Entry Fee: $175
- (13-15) Age Division
- 54 holes of individual stroke play
- All play will be on the Black course at Streamsong Resort
- There will be NO cut
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
- Streamsong Resort Black course
- Male amateur golfer
- Florida Resident
- Entrant must be no older than 15 as of the last day of the Championship. See exception here.
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA.
- All players must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship. See the following exception:
- Players 12 and under may play up to the 13-15 age division if they have been granted permission to play in the 13-15 age division of the Florida Junior Tour.
$175 - Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf and tee gift. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance in to the field.
Entry Priority (first-come, first-served based on priority criteria)
- Previous Boys' Junior Champions (either age divisions)
- Florida Junior Tour winner's since last year's Championship
- Next 100 Junior Invitational Champion
- All players who made the cut in last year's Boys' Junior Championship
- Quarter-finalists from last year's Boys' Junior Match Play Championship (13-15)
- Player's who qualified for last year's State Amateur Championship
- Player's who qualified for last year's Florida Open Championship
- Player's who qualified for last year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Top 100 in Florida's Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings as of close of entries
- Qualified for one of last year's USGA Championships
- Top 3 & ties from last year's FHSAA Golf finals
- Top 20 & ties (13-15) from last year's final FJT Points List
- Top 20 & ties (13-15) from current year's FJT Points List at close of entries
- Top 100 & ties from last year's Boys' Player of the Year Points List
- Top 1,000 & ties from last year's final World Amateur Golf Rankings
Any additional available spots and all alternate spots will be filled by (in this order):
- Florida Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking (at close of entries)
- Receipt of entry (first come first served)
Last Chance Qualifier
The Last Chance Qualifier scheduled for June 23rd has been CANCELED. The field will be filled strictly on the guidelines stated above.
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the entry process at any time.
The FSGA may hold an undisclosed number of spots for exceptional circumstances.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,600 - 6,800 yards (Boys 13-15)
Schedule of Events
Saturday, July 11th
- 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM - Registration - located near the clubhouse
- 7:00 AM - 8:57 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 & #12 on the Black course
- Boxed lunch provided for players
Sunday, July 12th
- 7:00 AM - 8:57 AM- Round two tee times off of #1 & #12 on the Black course
- Boxed lunch provided for players
Monday, July 13th
- 7:00 AM - 8:57 AM Black course - Final round tee times begin off of #1 and #12
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
World & National Rankings
The championship is ranked by the World Amateur Golf Ranking and Junior Golf Scoreboard.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 4 performance stars
- Top 10% receive 1 performance star
Practice rounds are available two days prior (July 9th & 10th) to the Championship on a space available basis and after 2:00 PM on July 9th and after 9:00 AM on July 10th. Players' will be walking for their practice round. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. The price for a parent to play is $89.00 + tax. Please call 863-428-1000 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
You may not make your practice round tee time before Championship groupings are made.
Practice Before & Between Rounds
A player may not practice on the competition course before or between rounds. Penalty for first breach: General Penalty. Penalty for second breach: Disqualification.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
Boys Junior (13 - 15)
- Future Boys' Junior Championships (must meet age and eligibility requirements)
- Next year's Amateur Championship
Top 10 and tied finishers
- Next year's Boys' Junior Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Transportation - Players must walk and carry their bag (push carts are allowed).
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for host hotel information
1000 Streamsong Dr.
Streamsong, FL 33834
Click here for directions.