May 1-2, 2021
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The Women's Shoot-Out had quite the exciting finish with a three-way tie between the teams of Kim Keyer-Scott/Felicia Hutnick, Lin Culver/Karen Fisher, and Diane Lang/Therese Quinn. The three teams played exceptionally well at LPGA International carding a two-day total of 141.
The championship began on Saturday with teams competing in the scramble portion of the championship. Lang and Quinn took a first-round lead with a 4-under 68 on Saturday
The teams of Carolyn Creekmore/Taffy Brower and Felicia Hutnick/Kim Keyer-Scott sat in a tie for second at 3-under 69. Ten teams finished the first round at even par or better.
The championship finished with a four-ball round on Sunday. Culver and Fisher finished the day with a final-round 71, Lang and Quinn shot 73, and Keyer-Scott and Hutnick carded a 72.
The three sides headed back on the course for a playoff, but due to weather the championship ended in a tie.
Jennie Taylor and Kerstin Koenig took home the win in the Middle Division at even-par 144, with rounds of 68-76. Cindy Swope and Jodi Vanhove used rounds of 75-81 to capture the win in the Middle First Division at 12-over 156.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||5,560 yds. 74.7/136|
|Middle||5,155 yds. 72.1/129|
|Sunny with a slight breeze||85 °F|
|Mostly Cloudy||78 °F|
The Women's Shoot-Out is a casual and enjoyable Championship, with both gross and net divisions. This Championship combines the two-person scramble and four-ball formats (two person best-ball). The overall champion will be the two-person team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score.
Format: 18 holes of Scramble, followed by 18 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 21 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fees: $320 (per team)
- 18 holes of Scramble and 18 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- Two divisions - Championship and Middle
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Female amateur golfer at least 21 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0 at time of entry
- At least one entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA.
- $320 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 1st
- 6:45 AM - 7:45 AM - Player registration
- 8:00 AM - Round one shotgun - Scramble
Sunday, May 2nd
- 8:00 AM - Final round shotgun - Four-Ball
- Awards presentation immediately following play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Partner changes will be accommodated following these guidelines:
- One player on the original entry must remain on the side.
- Partner changes will NOT be permitted after divisions and flights have been posted if the new player would move the side to another flight or division.
(Example - First Flight handicap range 10-15, the new partner must have a handicap within the 10-15 handicap range).
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Teams must select their division at the time of entry. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division - 5,300-5,500 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 4,800- 5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions (recommended based on combined team handicaps).
- Championship Division - 20.0 & Under
- Middle Division - 20.0 & Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Middle Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Middle Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Middle Division will play to 85% of their course handicap in Four-Ball stroke play. Player A will play to 35% of their course handicap and Player B will play to 15% of their course handicap in 2-person Scramble.
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle Division will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Division – The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Middle Division – All ties in each flight of the Middle Division will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
The Middle Division will be gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 386-274-5742 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Patsy Ehret and Nadia Luttner came back from behind during Sunday's final round four-ball. After carding a birdie on the par 3 seventh hole, Ehret and Luttner would finish their round with only 2 bogeys to secure their victory by 1 stroke with tournament rounds of 71-73--144. Click here for the 2019 year's results. *The 2020 championship was canceled due to COVID*
- COVID POLICIES SUPERSEDE ALL POLICIES LISTED BELOW - Click here
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are prohibited through May 1, 2021
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
LPGA International accepts all major forms of payment.
LPGA International - Hills Course
1000 Champions Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
Click here for directions