Next 100 Junior Invitational
January 3-5, 2019
Howey-in-the-Hills, Fl. – Bryce Walker & Izzy Pellot prevailed, defeating the top juniors, at the inaugural Next 100 Junior Invitational hosted by Mission Inn Resort, Jan. 3-5.
The Next 100 Invitational (Boys & Girls)
• Mission Inn Resort, El Campeon Course – Howey-in-the-Hills
• Yardage & Rating
- Boys – 6,908 yds., 74.6/142
- Girls – 6,080 yds., 75.0/138
College Coaches Panel
- Over 130 players & parents attended the panel on the evening prior to the event.
- Thank you to Sean Covich (Head Men's Golf coach at West Virginia University) & Janell Howland (Head Women's Golf coach at UNC Greensboro)
- Mac Thayer – Junior Golf Scoreboard
- John Brooks – Red Numbers Golf
- American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) sponsored the Food & Beverage (taco bar)
The only red number on the leader board was carded by the inaugural Champion, Bryce Walker of Bartow, FL. Walker posted a 77 in round one, only to follow up with the tournament low round of 71 (-1) in round two. Starting the final round in third place, Walker erased a one stroke deficit by finishing the round with three birdies to post an even par 72. A 220 (+4) total earned Walker a three stroke victory to begin his new year! Scotty Kennon, of Bandon, OR, finished in second place after starting the final day tied for first with Matthew Streitman. Kennon carded rounds of 75-72-76 to finish at 223 (+7). Streitman fell to tied for eighth place with a three round total of 230. Tied for first after round one, Zachary Reuland, of Rock Hill, SC, finished in third place with two rounds of 73 for a 225(+9) total.
Izzy Pellot, of Altamonte Springs, FL, went wire-to-wire to claim the inaugural Championship by four strokes! Pellot carded one birdie during each round to post scores of 73-77-80 for a 230 (+14) total. Helena Noel, of Tampa, FL, finished in second place with consistent rounds of 77-80-77--234. Noel started the final round tied for fourth but with two birdies on her final nine holes she moved up the leaderboard. Wyndom Burnett, who was tied for second place after the second round, fell to third place with a final round 81 and 237 tournament total. Burnett tied Amelia Williams, of Gainesville, FL, who finished with two rounds in the 80’s to move from tied for fourth to tied for third place. Izzy earned her first victory of the new year at Mission Inn Resort!
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys||6,908 yds., 74.6/142|
|Girls||6,080 yds., 75.0/138|
|20 MPH Wind Gusts||78 °F|
$325 entry fee
No membership is required
The Next 100 Junior Invitational is a new and exciting event looking to help junior golfers find their college golf home. This event is strictly for juniors who are not in their senior year of high school, who have yet to verbally commit to a college or university, and are outside of the top 100 ranking overall on the Junior Golf Scoreboard. Along with 54-holes of individual stroke play competition, there will be an accompanying College Coaches Panel. The concept of this tournament has been enthusiastically received by college coaches who will be able to attend between semesters at their college/university and who will come to evaluate talented players not already committed. As a result this Invitational is a great way get out of the cold and come down to sunny Florida to showcase your game on a national level.
Tournament rounds are being played on the El Campeon Course at Mission Inn Resort & Club. Mission Inn has played host to the Florida State High School Championships, the NAIA National Championships, The Florida Senior Open and many other prestigious championships. Built in 1917 by George O'Neil, this parkland design will prove to be a challenge with it's rolling fairways and undulating greens. A sound strategy is need to successfully maneuver around this Central Florida track expected to draw the attendance of several men’s and women’s college coaches.
- 54 holes of individual stroke play (no cut)
- 84 total players
- Boys & Girls of all ages (size of field will be determined based on the amount of entries per gender)
- Male or female junior golfer with a Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking
- Players must NOT be a senior in high school (2020 graduate or younger)
- Entry is for players ranked outside the top 100 overall on the Junior Golf Scoreboard as of November 15, 2018
- If you have committed or verbally committed to a college or university, you are NOT eligible
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys Division - 6,700 - 6,900 yards
- Girls Division - 5,800 - 6,000 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- After the close of entries, the field will be determined by the golfers standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted on the Florida State Golf Association website under Junior Golf - "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline (late entries) will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any current openings in the field.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). Click the "Enter" button above.
The entry fee of $325 includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies, opportunity to attend the college coaches panel, practice rounds, and a tee gift.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, January 2nd - Practice Round
9:30 AM - 12:39 PM - Practice Round window (paid for in tournament fee)
6:00 PM - College Coaches Panel sponsored by the American Junior Golf Association at Mission Inn Resort
Thursday, January 3rd - Round 1
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Player Registration
8:00 AM - 10:06 AM - Round 1 tee times off of the 1st and 10th tees
Friday, January 4th - Round 2
8:00 AM - 10:06 AM - Round 2 tee times off of the 1st & 10th tees
Saturday, January 5th - Round 3
8:00 AM - 10:06 AM - Final Round tee times off of the 1st & 10th tees
Awards ceremony immediately following the close of the competition
Practice rounds are available on a first come first served basis on Thursday, January 2nd between the times of 9:30 AM - 12:39 PM. This practice round is covered in your entry fee. Please call 352-324-3885 to arrange your practice round. Should you wish to schedule a practice round outside of this block, it is your responsibility to book and pay ($50 + tax). The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion will receive four performance stars
- Top 10% will receive one performance star
- Champion will receive four performance stars
- Top 10% will receive one performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Rooms are available on-site at Mission Inn Resort for $119 + tax & a $16 resort fee per night.
Please call Mission Inn reservations at 1-800-874-9053 to book.
The deadline for reservations is Friday, November 30, 2018
Mission Inn Resort
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Click for Map