FJT at Amelia Island Plantation (13-15)
November 11-12, 2017
Florida Junior Tour (13-15)
- Amelia Island Plantation - Oak Marsh
- Yardages and Rating
- Boys - 6,440 yds. 71.6/132
- Girls - 5,737 yds. 74.2/131
- Saturday - Sustained 20 mph winds with gusts into 30's. Mid to upper 60 degrees
- Sunday - Winds roughly 10-15 mph with gusts into 20's. Reached 75 degrees
The wind played an enormous factor for players as scores for the boys were abnormally high in round 1. Leading the field was James Ballato, with a five over par, 77. With ten players packed within five shots of the leader, it was sure to be an interesting final round. Sunday was marked by numerous substantial improvements, but none were more impressive than John Marshall's turnaround. Marshall, after a first round 87, brought in a final round 71, placing him in a tie for third. The day was Luke Clanton's, however, as he was able to shave ten shots off of his round 1, 80. Clanton's two under par score was the lowest round for the tournament. Will Davis was nipping at Clanton's heels but a bogey down the stretch was too much to overcome.
Similar to the boys' results from round 1, the wind constantly hammered the girls. Juliana Camargo came away with a six stroke lead after a very impressive 75. Again similar to the boys' results from the second round, there were several scores significantly lower than what was shot in round 1. Camargo's excellent first round assured that in order to win, someone else was going to have to post a very low number on Sunday. Unfortunately for everyone else in the field, Camargo did not take her foot off of the gas as a second round 72 propelled her to the victory. The 13 shot win was the second largest win ever for the 13-15 Girls division!
Scoring & Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,440 yds. 71.6/132|
|Girls 13-15||5,737 yds. 74.2/131|
|20 mph sustained winds with gusts into 30's||68 °F|
|10-15 mph winds with gusts into 20's||75 °F|
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The Florida Junior Tour heads up to Amelia Island. This time the 13-15 age division will take on the Oak Marsh course at beautiful Amelia Island Plantation, which winds through marsh creeks and famous Amelia Island vegetation leaving you with scenic views. Enjoy all that Amelia Island has to offer and two days of competitive golf!
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,600 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 11th
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:30 AM - 12:27 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, November 12th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (904) 277-5907 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top 3 receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $30 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation
39 Beach Lagoon Rd.
Amelia Island, FL 32034
Click for Map