Women's Four-Ball Championship
March 14-15, 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday, March 4th at 11:30 PM
Format: 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member, one entrant must be at least 16 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fee: $380 (per team)
- 36 holes of Four-Ball stroke play, (commonly known as a two-person, Best-Ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- Three divisions - Championship, Middle, and Forward
- The overall Champion will be the team from the Championship Division with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Female amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Committee approval is required for entry if the second partner is less than 13 years of age
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0 at time of entry
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- $380 (per team)
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, a player luncheon after the first round, awards luncheon after the final round, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the team gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 14th
- 7:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Player registration
- 8:30 AM - Round one shotgun
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Player luncheon
Sunday, March 15th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Awards luncheon
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full, or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Teams must select their division at the time of entry. A team may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Championship Division - 5,800-6,000 yards (Gross Only)
- Middle Division - 5,300- 5,500 yards (Gross & Net)
- Forward Division - 4,800-5,000 yards (Gross & Net)
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions (recommended based on combined team handicaps).
- Championship Division - 18.0 & Under
- Middle Division - 19.0-34.0
- Forward Division - 35.0-68.0
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any team out of the Forward Division if their team handicap (or an individual partner's handicap) is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division yardage.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Players in the Middle & Forward Divisions will play to 85% of their course handicap
- The course handicap differential between partners in the net divisions may be no more than eight (8) strokes (if the differential is more than eight (8) strokes, the higher course handicap will be reduced to allow for the difference)
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Championship Division is gross only and will not be flighted.
The Middle & Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on combined team handicaps.
Generally, divisions of more than 12 teams will be pre-flighted. Flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of combined team handicaps.
Championship Division – The overall Champion will be the team with the lowest total score. In the event of a tie for first place, there will be a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff on a hole designated by the Committee to determine the Champions.
Other Divisions – All ties in each flight of the Middle and Forward Division will be broken by the USGA scorecard match. The last 9 holes will be considered holes 10-18, the last 6 holes will be holes 13-18, the last 3 holes will be holes 16-18 and the last hole will be hole 18. In the case that players are still tied after the 18th hole, the winner will be determined by lot.
Middle and Forward Divisions will pay gross first, then net.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. The price for a practice round is $40.00 + tax and includes cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call 352-746-3440 to arrange your practice round.The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Chloe Schiavone and Ariel Yu went wire-to-wire to capture their second-straight Women’s Four-Ball title on Sunday. The pair fired a 16-under 128 for the championship to secure the win with a 2-shot lead over the rest of the field. Schiavone and Yu became just the third team in FSGA history to win back-to-back Women's Four-Ball titles and the first since Wendi Golden and Erika Schneider in 2011 and 2012. The two junior golfers also broke the 36-hole Four-Ball record of 131, which they set at last year’s championship. Heading into Sunday’s final round, Schiavone and Yu held a four-stroke lead over the field. They carded a bogey-free final round and finished the day with six birdies. Schiavone and Yu carded a 6-under 66 on Sunday. Click here for the previous year's results.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for host hotel information.
Black Diamond accepts all major forms of payment.Directions
Black Diamond Ranch
3125 W Black Diamond Circle
Lecanto, FL 34461
Click here for directions.