FJT at Viera East GC (16-18)
September 7-8, 2019
ROCKLEDGE, Fla - After a five hole playoff as well as a birdie clinching win on 18, two first time FJT winners James Ballato and Briana Gabe were crowned at Viera East.
It took a 68 in the final round as well as five playoff holes for James Ballato to secure a hard fought victory at Viera East. After trailing first round leader Kaleb Palm by 4, the Fernandina Beach native tied for the low round of the tournament with a Sunday 68, which included five birdies. Ballato, who will be attending and playing golf at West Point Military Academy next fall, made par on the fifth and final playoff hole to finish off his win. The playoff included 4 other players, Niels Schmidlin, Kaleb Palm, Leo Goosen, and Andrew Riley, all who will finish with T-2 honors. Goosen and Riley joined Ballato with Sunday 68s to tie for the low round of the event.
Briana Gabe came into Sunday's round with a deficit to overcome, and she did just that, posting an even par 72 en route to an impressive comeback win. Gabe, a native of nearby Melbourne, started the final round 7 shots back, but played solid golf all day and eventually made birdie on her final hole to secure a one shot victory. Lisa Colee fired the low round of the tournament in the Girls division with a first round 71 and was the leader after day one. Colee finished in a tie for second with Faith Silverman who posted two solid rounds of 77-74.
1 James Ballato -3 (141)
T2 Andrew Riley -3 (141)
T2 Niels Schmidlin -3 (141)
T2 Kaleb Palm -3 (141)
T2 Leo Goosen -3 (141)
1 Briana Gabe +6 (150)
T2 Faith Silverman +7 (151)
T2 Lisa Colee +7 (151)
4 Skylee Shin +8 (152)
5 Jingxiu Huang +11 (155)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,669 yds., 71.8/130|
|Girls 16-18||5,960 yds., 74.3/127|
|Sunny and breezy||93 °F|
|Hot and Humid||93 °F|
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 7th
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, September 8th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (321) 639-6500 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receives 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
Viera East Golf Club
2300 Clubhouse Dr.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Click for Map