Southwood GC (16-18)
February 26-27, 2011
Southwood Golf Club - Home of the Florida State University Men's and Women's Golf Teams
Southwood Golf Club promises to become one of the most prestigious venues in the South. PGA Professional Fred Couples and Architect Gene Bates have once again created a spectacular signature golf course. Southwood Golf Club, located in the heart of a 3,200 acre master-planned community, is nestled in the natural beauty found within the gently rolling terrain of Tallahassee.
Fred Couples said, "Without a doubt, the land at Southwood is one of the most ideal settings Gene and I have ever had the opportunity to work with. This is truly a premier golf course in the Southeast.
Southwood Golf Club, a semiprivate club, was recently selected as home of the Florida State University Men's and Women's Golf Teams. The course is designed for professional tournament play as well as a teaching course comfortable for family play. The course features five sets of tees with the "Boom Boom" tees stretching to 7,172 yards.
Click here for Southwood's website.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for participation. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event by the FJT. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted on-line at www.floridajuniortour.org. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be current FJT members.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption are automatically placed in a random draw. The random draw is held after the entry deadline.
- An alternates list will be posted to the
FJT website under the Tee Times & Info folder.
Click here for further details.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN members) or $115 (for non GHIN members) includes tournament rounds of golf, range balls prior to the tournament rounds and a tee prize.
Schedule of Play
Saturday, February 26th: 11:00 AM -12:57 PM off 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, February 27th: 7:45 AM - 9:42 AM off 1st and 10th tees
Players can set up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $35 plus tax by calling 850-942-4653. Times are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM on weekends on a space available basis. One playing guest may play for $45 plus tax.
Walking and Pull Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds. Pull carts are permitted. Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not set until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set up can change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
Champion - 1 Exemption
Top 5 - 1 Performance Star
Champion - 1 Exemption
Top 3 - 1 Performance Star
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the FJT website, www.floridajuniortour.org. After the completion of the first round all competitors will be repaired by score within their age group for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be posted to the FJT website and at the club. It is the players' responsibility to be at his/her respective tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white and if you still have questions, please contact a FJT Official at the host facility.
Pace of Play
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players read and understand the FJT Pace of Play policy.
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 plus tax per day. Spectator carts may be limited and are available on a first-come, first served basis.