Format: 36 holes of gross foursomes stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member both age 18 or older- Championship Division;
FSGA member, both age 55 or older - Senior Division
FSGA member, both age 65 or older - Super-Senior Division
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fee: $300 per team ($150 per player)
Schedule of Events
- 36-holes of gross foursomes stroke play (pure alternate shot)
- Maximum Field Size - 78 teams (156 players)
- The lowest team score in each division for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is Foursomes? A foursome is a two person team event where one team member tees off on the odd holes and the other partner tees off on the even holes. The single ball in play is then played alternately into the hole by the team partners.
- Maximum of 78 teams - (156 players)
- Male amateur golfers age 18 or older
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Both entrants must have active Florida GHIN of 10.0 or less at time of entry
- Senior Division only - both team members must be at least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Super-Senior Division only - both team members must be at least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available. The Championships Committee reserves the right to hold a number of spots for past champions, and players with standing on annual and two-year points lists until the entry close date.
- $300 per team ($150 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately
- Championship Division - 6,600 - 6,800 yards
- Senior Division - 6,200 - 6,400 yards
- Super-Senior Division - 5,800 - 6,000 yards
Schedule of Events
Friday, December 9th
- 7:45 AM - 9:45 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Saturday, December 10th
- 8:00 AM - Shotgun start
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $50.00 + tax per player. Please call (407) 787-4653 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
In the 4th annual Foursomes Championship the teams of Scott Cox and Blanton Farmer, Brian Keenan and Paul Royak, Michael Bell and Tim Miller would take home the Championship in their respective divisions. Scott Cox and Blanton Farmer's two day total of 9-under 135 would be enough to take them into a playoff for the Championship Division which they would win on the second playoff hole. Brian Keenan and Paul Royak were victorious in the Senior Division at 7-under for the Championship. Michael Bell and Tim Miller's final round 68 would allow them to chase down the leaders for the Super-Senior Division.
Click here for the previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship (Championship Division Champion Only)
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player MUST ride, with the player's clubs remaining on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is currently no host hotel for this event
ChampionsGate Resort accepts cash and all major credit cards as method of payment.
ChampionsGate Golf Resort - International Course
8575 White Shark Blvd.
ChampionsGate, FL 33896
Click here for directions.