October 31 - November 1, 2020
CHAMPIONSGATE, Fla. – Joshua and Justin Schlau captured the Two-Man Shoot-Out on Sunday in wire-to-wire fashion at ChampionsGate Golf Resort, posting an 18-under 198 for the championship. The team birdie the final hole of the championship to secure the win.
This is the first FSGA victory for both players.
The championship began on Saturday with teams competing in modified alternate shot. Only seven teams carded under-par rounds on Saturday morning. The Schlau duo took the first-round lead with a 5-under 67, carding seven birdies and two bogeys.
Sitting two shots behind the Schlau’s, the teams of Daniel Langley & Trent Harris and Corey Leventhal & Alex Bury shot a first-round 69. Two teams began the championships with a 2-under 70 to finish the round in a tie for fourth place: Devin Hernandez & Trey Hill and Ty Capps & Kevin Lewis.
The teams competed in the scramble portion on Saturday afternoon. Joshua and Justin shot a second-round 64 to take the 36-hole lead at 13-under 131. Three teams posted a 10-under 62, the low round of the afternoon, including Hernandez and Hill. The Saint Petersburg team posted eight birdies and an eagle to finish the day in a tie for second place at 12-under 132, with Langley & Harris and Leventhal & Bury.
The championship finished with a Four-Ball on Sunday. Justin got the Schlau team off to a hot start with back-to-back birdies to begin the round. The team birdied three of four holes making the turn to the back nine.
Hernandez and Hill started the final round with a 2-under front nine and added an eagle on the 11th. Hill birdied the final hole to move the team to 17-under 199 and into a tie with Joshua and Justin, who still had the 18th to play. Needing a birdie to win, Justin rolled in a 10-foot putt for birdie to secure the win for him and his brother.
Hernandez and Hill took home second place, while Ben Finley and Joseph Latowski finished third at 16-under 200.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Two-Man Shoot-Out||6776 yds., 73.5/135|
The Two-Man Shoot-Out is one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship.
Format: 54 holes of two-man stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 21 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN, 10.0 or less
Entry Fees: $380 per team ($190 per player)
- 54 holes of stroke play
- Maximum field size - 52 teams (104 players)
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Each round is a different form of play
- Round 1 - International Course - Modified Alternate Shot
- Round 2 - International Course - Scramble
- Round 3 - International Course - Four-Ball
- Male amateur golfers age 21 or older as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be an adult member of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN, with index of 10.0 or lower
- $380 per team ($190 per player)
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, October 31st
- Morning Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on the International Course - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included
- Afternoon Round - 1:30 PM shotgun on the International Course - Two-Man Scramble
Sunday, November 1st
- REMEMBER TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!
- Final Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on the International Course - Four-Ball (Two-Man Best-Ball)
- Playoff - For overall team Champion only. The format for the playoff is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole by hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any playoff.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,700-6,900 yards.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is
$35 plus tax.
Please call 407-787-4653 to schedule your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Derek Hurwitch and Douglas Schneider captured the 2019 Two-Man Shoot-Out at LPGA International Golf Club. They posted scores of 72-65-65--202 to win by three strokes. Click here for previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in 4000 RCA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is no host hotel.
Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, and American Express are accepted in the golf shop.
ChampionsGate Golf Resort
8575 White Shark Blvd.
ChampionsGate, FL 33896
Click here for directions.