Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Championship
October 11-13, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, September 25th at 11:30 PM
Sara Bay Country Club is hosting the 2019 Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Championship. Players 25 years and older will compete in a Championship environment without having to compete with juniors and collegiate players. Sara Bay Country Club is a beautifully designed Donald Ross course, with greens that closely mirror the greens of Pinehurst No.2. Sara Bay has always been seen as one of the best manicured courses in the state, and continues to preserve the course as Ross left it. For a look at the full Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Championship results click here!
- $190 GHIN or Foundation Member
- $200 Non-GHIN Member
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
- 54 holes of individual stroke play
- The field will be cut to the low 60 and ties after thirty-six holes
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 144 players
- Male amateur golfer
- At least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800 - 7,000 yards.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 11th
8:00 AM - 9:45 AM - Round One morning tee times off of tee #1 and #10
12:30 PM - 2:18 PM - Round One afternoon tee times off of tee #1 and #10
Saturday, October 12th
- 8:00 AM - 9:45 AM - Round Two morning tee times off of tee #1 and #10
12:30 PM - 2:18 PM - Round Two afternoon tee times off of tee #1 and #10
Field will be cut to low 60 players and ties after play finishes
Sunday, October 13th
- 8:00 AM - 9:48 AM Final Round tee times begin off of tee #1 and #10
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 941-355-6544 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Scott Turner captured the 2018 Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Championship in runaway fashion at The Seagate Country Club in Delray Beach. Turner rolled into the weekend on a mission as he shot a (-4) round of 68 on Saturday, followed up by a (-5) round of 67 to end the Championship. Turner finished with a three day total of 69-68-67--204, to win the 2018 Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Championship by 6 shots. Click here for the 2018 results.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
Next year's Amateur Match Play Championship
Next year's Florida Open Championship
Top three & ties
Next year's Amateur Championship
Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Sara Bay Country Club accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Amex as forms of payment.
Sara Bay Country Club
7011 Willow Street
Sarasota, FL 34243