74th Florida Open Championship
July 17-19, 2020
Monday 6/8 - Qualifying Site Capacity Note - Single Carts
As many qualifying sites fill up as we near the entry deadline, please be reminded that sites are set for single cart capacity.
- We may expand fields closer to the date if the county the course is in moves to Phase 3, or there is clarification that carts may be shared
- We also may add an additional overflow site or two, giving priority to alternates to chose
- Please sign up early to guarantee your site selection
- If you are choosing a full site, and wish to be on the alternate list, for Qualifier Site 2 & Qualifier Site 3, select "First Qualifier Only"
Local Qualifying Purses will still be paid based on number of Professionals at each site
The Florida Open is open to PGA golf professionals, amateur golfers, and other professional golfers who meet the eligibility requirements. The Florida Open has a rich history that dates back to 1942. Notable champions, include Bob Murphy, Gary Koch, Bruce Fleisher, John Huston, Dudley Hart, and Bart Bryant among others.
Format: 54 holes of individual stroke play
Eligibility: Florida Resident; Professionals & Amateurs
Handicap: Florida GHIN 7.0 or less (amateurs)
Qualifying Fees: PGA Member - $95 | Amateur - $100
Exempt Fees: PGA Member - $295 | Amateur - $220
- 54 holes of individual stroke play
- Championship Field - 156 players
- The field will be cut to the low 60 and ties after 36 holes
- The lowest score for 54 holes will be the Champion
- All players will play 18 holes each at Pine Tree Golf Club and The Club at Quail Ridge (South Course) on Friday, July 17th, and Saturday, July 18th
- The final 18 holes will be played on Pine Tree Golf Club on Sunday, July 19th
- Male amateur and professional golfers
- Florida Resident (If you have any doubt - please click and review to avoid issues)
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 7.0 at the time of entry (amateurs and amateurs awaiting reinstatement only)
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- PGA class A-3 members are ineligible
- Playing Activity - Players that have played in less than (7) "major" tour events or less than (19) "one or two-day" type mini-tour events in the 12 months prior to the Championship are eligible
- If you have any questions about your eligibility, it is the player's responsibility to review the guidelines and to contact the FSGA office as needed to ensure eligibility
- Ineligible applicants will not receive refunds Click here to view FSGA Tournament Policies.
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee||Exempt Fee
|PGA, GCSAA & CMA Members||95.00||250.00||295.00|
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee and course and cart fees, and range balls.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying includes tee gifts, course and cart fees, range balls and lunch for each competitive round.
- Exempt Fee : Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Entries for qualifying are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the site field is full. Entries are then placed on an alternates list in order of receipt and contacted if, and when, a spot becomes available.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
The cost of a cart fee is included in the entry fee.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit the appropriate Championship Fee (See Above) online at www.fsga.org under the "My Account" section, which can be located in the top right hand corner of the web-page. Payment must be received by Monday, July 13 at 12:00 pm or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship fee includes competitive round lunches, golf, cart fees and range balls, player's badge, tee gift.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
Local Qualifying Purses
Local Qualifying consists of 18 holes of stroke play at 17 local qualifying sites. A purse for professionals is being introduced at the local qualifiers. The average approximate purse is $1,000 and is determined by the amount of professionals who begin (tee off) at each qualifier. Click here to view the payout schedule.
A player exempt from local qualifying, at the time of entry, may elect to forego the exemption, pay the qualifying fee, and compete in a local qualifier. The election to waive the exemption is irreversible.
Transferring Qualifying Sites
Players may submit one entry for the Florida Open and choose the site at which they will attempt to qualify. However, if any site requires adjustment (including, but not limited to, the receipt of more entries than can be accommodated), players will be transferred to another site based on their preference listed on the entry application and date of receipt of entry application (i.e. later applicants will be subject to transfer)
Friday, July 17th
- 8:00 AM - 9:48 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 on both courses
- Complimentary players' lunch in both clubhouses
Saturday, July 18th
- 8:00 AM - 9:48 AM - Round two tee times off of #1 and #10 on both courses
- Complimentary players' lunch in both clubhouses
- The field will be cut to low 60 players and ties after the completion of play
Sunday, July 19th
- 8:00 AM - Final round tee times begin off of #1 and #10 at Pine Tree Golf Club
- Complimentary players' lunch in the main clubhouse
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 7,000 yards.
$100,000 (see estimated purse pay-out) 1st Place - $15,000
Sean Dale, of Jacksonville, won the 73rd Florida Open with a 12-under par total of 204 and won by one stroke over Mickey DeMorat. The 2010 Florida Amateur Champion became eighth player to capture both the Florida Open & Amateur. Nicholas Gabrelcik (a), of Trinity earned low amateur honors, finishing in 6th. Click here for the previous year's results.
Cart and Caddie Policy
During qualifying and the Championship proper, each player must use a golf cart which is included in the qualifying and Championship entry fees. Caddies are not allowed in 2020.
Spectators - Not Allowed
Spectators are not allowed to attend to the Championship host sites. Minors in the field (under 18) are allowed to have one spectator on-site. This decision was jointly made between the FSGA and the membership of the host clubs.
If necessary, there will be a hole-by-hole "sudden death" play-off for Champion. It is the player’s responsibility to be present for any playoff.
Practice Round Information
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The cost of the practice round includes range balls and cart.
The Club at Quail Ridge (South Course): Cost is $35 including tax - please call 561-737-5100 to arrange your practice round
Pine Tree Golf Club: Cost is $30 plus tax - please call 561-734-6050 to arrange your practice round
You may not make your practice round tee time before qualifying is completed. A list of players will be faxed to the club following the conclusion of qualifying.
Practice Before & Between Rounds
A player may not practice on the competition course before or between rounds. Penalty for first breach: General Penalty. Penalty for second breach: Disqualification.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next five Florida Opens
Players finishing in the top ten and tied
- Next year's Florida Open
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Next year's Amateur Championship
- Next year's Amateur Match Play Championship
Amateurs finishing in the top five and tied
- Next year's Amateur Championship
- Spectators - Two maximum spectators per player at qualifying sites; spectator carts are likely not available. Spectators are not allowed at the Championship proper.
- Caddies - Caddies are NOT allowed during the 2020 Florida Open Qualifiers or Championship.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is no host hotel.
Proper attire for competitors and caddies is required at all times at the golf facility. Failure to comply may result in withdrawal of entry.
- Golf Shorts are permitted
- All hats must be worn properly.
- Collared shirts or shirts specifically designed for golf must be worn and tucked in at all times.
- This code supplements any course or club guidelines, which shall take precedence.
Publicity and Promotion; Broadcasting
By participating in FSGA Events you grant the FSGA and those acting with the FSGA, permission, authority and the permanent rights to use your name or likeness for publicity and promotional purposes. Participants understand that all Media, including film, photographic prints, audio or digital files are the exclusive property of the FSGA. Participants in FSGA events waive their rights to inspect or approve all media produced by the FSGA and those acting on the FSGA's behalf. Participants waive their permanent rights to compensation for use of their name and likeness by the FSGA.
Pine Tree Golf Club and The Club at Quail Ridge accepts Cash only for Practice Rounds, spectator carts and Food & Beverage purchases. Only merchandise can be purchased with credit card.
Pine Tree Golf Club
10600 Pine Tree Terrace
Boynton Beach, FL 33436
Click here for directions to Pine Tree
The Club at Quail Ridge
3715 Golf Road
Boynton Beach, FL 33436
Click here for directions to The Club at Quail Ridge