FJT at Cypress Creek GC (16-18)
September 28-29, 2019
RUSKIN, Fla. - Siyuan Lyu and Lauren Clark both shoot two superb rounds to take home the hardware.
Siyuan Lyu, of Lake Mary, came out strong in round one with a bogey-free 66 consisting of four birdies and one eagle to take the round one lead over Hunter Holloway, of Tampa. Holloway also had a strong round one after shooting 67, with seven birdies including three in a row on his first three holes, and two bogeys. Round two turned into an all out birdie fest with nine players shooting under par. Bryce Walker, Kiko Francisco Coelho, and Alexander Waller all stayed consistent throughout their second rounds to finish in a tie for third. Austin Cherichella, of Orlando had the low round of the day by sinking two birdie putts, one eagle putt, and then holed out on hole 14 from 215 yards out for an Albatross! Cherichella bogeyed the final hole to shoot 66 and ultimately came up one short of the win. Lyu went on to shoot a final round of one-under, 71 to clinch his first Florida Junior Tour win.
Lauren Clark, of Orlando, came out hot in her first tournament since recently committing to Louisiana State University. She started off her first round with a birdie on 1 and then went on to have four more birdies throughout the remainder of round one. Close behind was Taylor Zeng who had a rocky start to her round, bogeying two of her first four holes. Zeng was able to reset and bounce back by sinking a birdie putt on hole 6 and then went on to card three more birdies on her back nine to shoot a two-under, 70, just two behind Clark. Right behind Zeng and Clark was Madison Hewlett who carded a one-under, 71. During the front nine of round two, Clark carded two birdies and one bogey to shoot one-under 35. On the back nine, Clark continued her momentum and carded another four birdies to sink a total of 11 birdies throughout the tournament. Both Zeng and Hewlett continued their consistent play with rounds of 71 and 72 respectively. Clark was able to secure her first win on the Florida Junior Tour since December of 2018 by four strokes.
1 Siyuan Lyu -7 (137)
2 Austin Cherichella -6 (138)
T3 Bryce Walker -4 (140)
T3 Kiko Francisco Coelho -4 (140)
T3 Alexander Waller -4 (140)
1 Lauren Clark -7 (137)
2 Taylor Zeng -3 (141)
3 Madison Hewlett -1 (143)
4 Kaitlyn Schroeder E (144)
5 Ellen Dong +4 (148)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,700 yds., 72.9/142|
|Girls 16-18||5,795 yds., 73.7/131|
|Hot and Humid||93 °F|
|Hot and Humid||86 °F|
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 28th
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, September 29th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call (813) 634-8888 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Cypress Creek Golf Club
1011 Cypress Village Blvd.
Ruskin, FL 33573
Click for Map