Amateur Championship Qualifying Round Information
FEATHER SOUND COUNTRY CLUB
1. PAIRINGS AND TEE TIMES: The pairings and tee times for the qualifying round at Feather Sound Country Club in Clearwater, FL on Monday, May 21, 2012 will be posted at www.fsga.org on or around Friday, May 11, 2012.
2. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Feather Sound Country Club will accept Cash or Visa/MasterCard for method of payment.
3. TRANSPORTATION: The qualifying fee includes cart/course fee and range balls for the qualifying round. All players MUST RIDE during the qualifying round.
4. CADDIES AND SPECTATORS: Spectators and caddies are welcome, but they MUST WALK at all times.
5. PRACTICE ROUND INFORMATION: To arrange your practice round, call (727) 572-6677. On a space available basis, practice rounds are available one week prior to the competition; practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM on the weekends. The cost of the practice round is $30.00 plus tax. All contestants playing a practice round must reserve a tee time.
6. FOOTWEAR: Feather Sound Country Club prohibits the use of traditional metal spikes.
7. GPS AND RANGE FINDERS: In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance ONLY. However, if, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, wind-speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used.
8. CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE: Remember you are a guest at Feather Sound Country Club and gentlemanly behavior and proper dress is expected at all times. The proper place to practice your swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
9. QUALIFYING SPOTS: At this time the number of qualifying spots had not been determined by the FSGA. This information will be posted at the qualifier.
Only those individuals, who qualify for the Championship, must pre-register and remit an additional $135.00 either online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org or by check to the FSGA office for advance payment of Championship fees. Payment must be received by Friday, June 15, 2012 by 3:30 p.m. Good luck!