Eagle Creek GC (13-15)
October 6-7, 2012
Knowles & Stone Win at Eagle Creek
Phillip Knowles of Bradenton and Latanna Stone of Valrico came out on top at this weekend's Florida Junior Tour event at Eagle Creek Golf & Country Club Naples. Good weather and excellent course conditions lead to a high number of good scores with Knowles being the lowest of day 1 after shooting a 6-under par 66 on day one. A 66 that left him with a two shot cushion heading into Sunday's final round. On day 2, the Bradenton native continued his good play shooting 35-36--71 which was good enough for a 1-shot victory over Stefano Butti, Brock Ochsenreiter and Carl Yuan. The victory is Knowles' first. Knowles also played well in the FJT's previous stop in Naples where he finished tied for 3rd at Worthington Country Club.
On the girls side of things, young phenom Latanna Stone continued her strong play en route to another victory. The 11 year old Valrico native who was the youngest ever to qualify for the U.S. Women's Amateur this summer was tied for the first round lead after carding a 74. Stone then fired a final round 1-under par 71 to capture victory by 1 shot over Gabriella Coello of Orlando. This is Stone's 3rd Florida Junior Tour victory.
Spencer Alexander of Port Charlotte added to the excitement with a hole in one on day one. Alexander aced the 152 yard 12th hole.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,590 yards|
|Girls 13-15||5,608 yards|
|Hot and Humid||95 °F|
Entries Open - Wednesday, August 15th at 8:30 AM
Entries Close - Wednesday, August 29th at 4:30 PM
ONLY CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ALL PURCHASES AT EAGLE CREEK!
Eagle Creek Golf and Country Club is a premier Naples private golf club where members enjoy year-round golfing events organized by its Golf Committee and superbly run by its golf professional team. The creation of an active walking program for golfers makes Eagle Creek unique among Naples area golf course communities.
Click here to visit the club's website.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the players' parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be submitted with the entry.
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, October 6th: 11:00 AM - 12:57 PM off the 1st and 10th tees
- Sunday, October 7th: 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM off the 1st and 10th tees
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $35 plus tax which includes a cart by calling 239-774-2202. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-15 will play approximately 5,800 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Champion - 1 Junior All-Star Exemption
- Champion - 1 Junior All-Star Exemption
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated, random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Click here for further details.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are NOT allowed.
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT.
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.