FJT at Ocala GC (11-12 & 9-10)
February 24-25, 2018
Yardages and Course Rating
- Boys' 11-12: 5,515 yds. 66.4/111
- Boys' 9-10: 4,925 yds. 62.6/103
- Girls' 11-12: 4,925 yds. 67.2/112
- Girls' 9-10: 4,210 yds. 63.1/106
- Saturday: Sunny with temperatures reaching the low 80s. Low winds
- Sunday: Partly cloudy with temperatures reaching low 80s. Low winds
Boys' 11-12 Division
The Boys' 11-12 division, Alex Ogle held the overnight lead after a steady one over par, 73. Ogle parred his first 10 holes, until finally some excitement came in the form of a birdie, bogey, birdie stretch over holes 11-13. Ogle, clearly not fazed by having the lead, carded four birdies on the opening nine en route to a 33. Two bogeys on the finishing nine were quickly overcome with another birdie on the 7th hole. Ogle finished with a 70 and an 8 stroke victory over Aaron Leach, Asher Joseph and Henry Robards.
Boys' 9-10 Division
Looking for his second win in as many events, Jessy Huebner started on the right track as his even par, 72 lead the division. Hot in pursuit was Nicolas Bencomo, sitting just one stroke back of Huebner. Bencomo was in stellar form on Sunday, chasing down Huebner. An incredible five birdies and two eagles powered Bencomo to a four stroke victory over Huebner's even par total of 144.
Girls' 11-12 Division
Looking to become another back to back winner, Gloria Nip came into scoring with the first under par round of the tournament on Saturday. Her two under par, 70 was highlighted by birdies on holes 5, 6, 13 and 16. Nip's lead was erased as Kavya Ajjarapu played the front nine in two under par, while Nip shot 38. However, Nip was able to rebound in impressive fashion after another bogey on the 11th with three birdies on the back nine and seal a 4 stroke victory.
Girls' 9-10 Division
A three under par, 69 left Morgan Rodriguez sleeping on the lead over night. Rodriguez stumbled out of the gates, with back to back bogeys on the 10th and 11th holes, but then amazingly was five under par through the final 16 holes. Holding a seven stroke lead, Rodriguez was impressively steady. Three birdies, a bogey and a double bogey resulted in an even par final round and another 8 stroke victory.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (11-12)||5,515 yds. 66.4/111|
|Boys (9-10)||4,925 yds. 62.6/103|
|Girls (11-12)||4,925 yds. 67.2/112|
|Girls (9-10)||4,210 yds. 63.1/106|
|Light winds||79 °F|
9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
$65 entry fee
No membership required
This is a two-day, 36-hole event!
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning
- 84 total players
- 9-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parent's Mandatory Meeting on Saturday- (45 minutes prior to tee time, approximately 20 minutes long) FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments. i.e: Etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf, and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 4,200 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, February 24th
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:00 AM - 11:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Sunday, February 25th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Subject to change:
9:20 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:00 - 10:18 AM
9:50 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:27 - 10:54 AM
10:20 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:03 - 11:30 AM
10:50 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:39 - 11:57 AM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon on weekends. The price for a practice round is $25.00.
Please call 352-401-6917 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard in the 11-12 age division only.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds. Push carts are allowed.
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accomodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Ocala Golf Club
3130 East Silver Springs Blvd.
Ocala, Florida 34470