FJT at Royal St. Cloud (11-12 & 9-10)
November 10-11, 2018
St. Cloud, Fl. – Jessy Huebner, Angela Nip, Asher Joseph and Gianna Clemente all captured Florida Junior Tours wins on Sunday at Royal St. Cloud Golf Links.
Boys 9-10 Division
Huebner, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., captured the win in the Boys 9-10 division with a 1-under 143 for his fourth FJT victory of the season and second-straight. His last win came on October 21 at Fairwinds Golf Course. Huebner was in third place following the first round, after carding a 1-over 73.
He put up a 2-under 70 on Sunday, playing bogey-free golf from the fifth hole on and posting four birdies in the final round. Huebner finished one stroke ahead of runner-up Andrew Tsar, of West Palm Beach, Fla.
Girls 9-10 Division
Nip, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., won her third FJT event at Royal St. Cloud and her second in a row in the 9-10 division. She totaled a 3-over 147 for the two-day event. Nip, who won two weeks ago at Fairwinds, held a four-stroke lead after the first round on Saturday. She went on to finish with an even-par 72, after a bogey-free front nine on Sunday. Nip finished eight strokes ahead of runner-up Carlee Meilleur, of Canada.
Boys 11-12 Division
Joseph, of Melbourne, Fla., secured his first FJT on Sunday in the 11-12 division, defeating Phillip Dunham, of Jacksonville, Fla., in a playoff. Joseph and Dunham both finished the a six-under 138, sending the two players to a playoff. Joseph birdie to the first hole to secure the victory.
In first round, he birdied seven holes, including four straight on the back nine, and carded a 3-under 69 and going into Sunday’s final round, he was just three-strokes behind Dunham. Joseph, who started the final round on the 10th hole, birdied his final three to force the playoff. He birdied 12 holes total and was the only player in the division to put up two under-par rounds.
Girls 11-12 Division
Clemente, of Estero, Fla., won her second FJT event of the season at Royal St. Cloud in the 11-12 division, finishing with a 3-under 141. Her other win this season came in January at Palatka Golf Club. Clemente posted the only under-par round of the round on Saturday with five birdies, finish the day at 3-under 69.
She started the final round with three birdies on the front nine before carding one more on the back nine. Clemente shot an even-par 72 on Sunday to finish two strokes ahead of runner-up Ryleigh Knaub, of Winter Springs, Fla.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5,633 yds. 66.5/113|
|Girls 11-12||5,027 yds. 68.5/115|
|Boys 9-10||5,027 yds. 63.8/105|
|Girls 9-10||4,286 yds. 64.4/107|
9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
$65 entry fee
No membership required
This is a two-day, 36-hole event!
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play on the white/blue nines
- Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning
- 84 total players
- 9-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parent's Mandatory Meeting on Saturday- (45 minutes prior to tee time, approximately 20 minutes long) FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments. i.e: Etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf, and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 4,200 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 10th
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:00 AM - 11:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Sunday, November 11th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Subject to change:
9:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:00 - 10:18 AM
9:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 10:27 - 10:54 AM
10:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:03 - 11:21 AM
10:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:30 - 11:48 AM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon on weekends. The price for a practice round is $30.00.
Please call 407-891-7010 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard in the 11-12 age division only.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds. Push carts are allowed.
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $18 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accomodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Royal St. Cloud Golf Links
5310 Michigan Ave.
St. Cloud, Florida 34769