Amelia National GC (16-18)
February 9-10, 2013
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,825 yds. 73.9 / 141|
|Girls 16-18||6,029 yds. 76.0 / 133|
|10 mph winds||70 °F|
Entries Open: Wednesday, December 19th
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, January 2nd
Amelia National Golf Club is a great Tom Fazio designed golf course hidden in the northeastern corner of Florida.
Click here to view the club's website.
This tournament is for the 16-18 age division. Ages are calculated by the last day of the event.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the players' parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be submitted with the entry.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to all entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee, and late fee, will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field. (effective 1/1/13)
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, February 9th: 11:00 AM - 12:57 PM off the 1st and 10th tees
- Sunday, February 10th: 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM off the 1st and 10th tees
Where to Stay
A staff favorite is the Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front which is located downtown in Fernadina Beach and is walking distance to several restaurants and shops. To find a less expensive hotel try the Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach or hotels located near the Jacksonville airport (20+ minute drive to the course.
Click on "Hotels" in the Tournament Link box to the right or use the internet to search for deals. Please note any cancellation policies prior to making reservations.
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $30 plus tax which includes a cart by calling 904-652-0600. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis. Walking is not permitted.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 16-18 will play approximately 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 will play approximately 6,000 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Winner receives 4 performance stars
- Top five finishers receives 1 performance star
- Winner receives 4 performance star
- Top three finishers receive 1 performance star
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by the closing date. Late entries are allowed and will be accepted into the tournament field only on a space available basis.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated, random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Click here for further details.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website approximately five weeks prior to the tournament. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are allowed. (effective December 1st, 2012)
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT (new Rule in 2012).
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.