FJT at Black Diamond Ranch (Boys 16-18)
May 11-12, 2019
Lecanto, Fla. – Nicholas Gabrelcik, of Trinity, posted the tournament low in his final round to claim first place at Black Diamond Ranch on Sunday.
A three-way tie at the top made for an exciting final round for the Boys 16-18 division on the picturesque Quarry Course at Black Diamond Ranch. Despite a suspension due to inclement weather, Gabriel Restrepo, of Winter Garden, Davis Lee, of Ponte Vedra Beach, and Bryce Walker, of Bartow, tied for the lead with a round one score of even-par 72. Five players lingered close behind at one over-par heading into the final round.
2018 Amateur Match Play Champion, Gabrelcik, fought his way up the leaderboard in round two, erasing his one stroke deficit. Gabrelcik birdied his second hole and held onto that momentum into the back nine where he carded four birdies for a 32 and four-under 68 second round. A three-under 141 total for Gabrelcik secured his first FJT victory of the year by four strokes and his third FJT win at Black Diamond Ranch. Walker posted a one-over 73 in round two to finish tied for second with Lucas Cena, of Winter Garden, at one-over 145.
Consistency secured Patrick McCann, of Tallahassee, a fourth place finish with two rounds of 73 for a two-over 146 total.
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at Rio Pinar Country Club, in Orlando, for the 16-18 division and 9-12 division at Sandridge Golf Club, in Vero Beach, May 18-19.
Facebook: Florida Junior Tour
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (16-18)||6,835 yds. 72.7/132|
|1 hour Suspension||89 °F|
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Players will be in carts for this event.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play on the Quarry Course
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 11th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 AM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 12th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 352-453-5473 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & AccommodationsThere is no host hotel at this time.
Black Diamond Ranch
3125 West Black Diamond Circle
Lecanto, FL 34461