May 6-7, 2017
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Wee Friendly (Rd 1)||6,657 yds. 72.7 / 128|
|Long Mean (Rds 2 & 3)||6,768 yds. 71.9 / 135|
|Cool with light breeze||70 °F|
~ Long Mean and Wee Friendly Courses ~
The Two-Man Shoot-Out is one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship. For a look at the 2016 Two-Man Shootout results click here.
Fiddlesticks Country Club has hosted many FSGA and USGA competitions, including the 99th Florida Amateur Championship in June 2016. The club is located in Fort Myers and near some great hotels and plenty of restaurants and bars. The courses are always in excellent condition and are a favorite to many FSGA players. The championship is sure to fill up quickly!
- 54 Holes of stroke play
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot / Scramble / Four-Ball)
- Maximum 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- $380 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $400 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,600-6,900 yards.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 6th
- Morning Round (Wee Friendly Course) - 8:00 AM shotgun - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included (appropriate beverages available)
- Afternoon Round (Long Mean Course) - 1:30 PM shotgun - Two-Man Scramble (18 holes)
Sunday, May 7th
- Final Round (Long Mean Course) - 8:00 AM shotgun - Four Ball (Best Ball of Two - 18 holes)
- Play-Off - For overall team Champion only. The format for the play-off is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole by hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $30 plus tax. Please call 239-768-1114 to schedule your starting time.
The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Len Schonfeld III and Luke McCann Jr. captured the 2016 Two-Man Shoot-Out at Amelia Island Plantation. Schonfeld and McCann posted scores of 70, 66, and 67 to win by one stroke. Full results and history
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel for this event. There are many hotel options in the Gulf Coast Town Center area.
Fiddlesticks accepts ONLY Visa and MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
Directions to Club
15391 Canongate Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33912