FJT at Eagle Harbor GC (16-18)
March 30-31, 2019
Nieporte Earns 1st FJT Victory; Mercado holds off two in two-hole play-off
ORANGE PARK, Fla. - The Florida Junior Tour saw two first-time winners in the 16-18 division on Sunday at Eagle Harbor Golf Club. James Nieporte and Alyssa Mercado both captured the win in Orange Park. It was the first 16-18 win for both and the second overall FJT win for Mercado.
Nieporte posted a 4-under 68 on Saturday, carding five birdies and an eagle on the par-5 12th hole. The Boca Raton native headed into the final round trailing Logan Jerrells by one stroke. Jerrells shot a bogey-free 5-under 67, with five birdies on Saturday. Nieporte claimed the win with an even-par 72 in the final round to finish with a one-stroke lead over runner-up Same Nicholson. This was Nieporte's first win on the Florida Junior Tour, finishing the event with a 4-under 140. Prior to this victory, his best finish came at Crandon Park Golf Club, where he finished tied for third.
Following the first round, Mercado held a one-stroke lead, carding the low round of the tournament on Saturday with an even-par 72. The Lake Mary native was a three-way tie with Lacey Tucker and Nicole Cee following the final round, after carding a 6-over 78. Mercado parred the second playoff hole to secure the victory. It was her first FJT win since April 2016, when she captured a win in the 13-15 division at Lemon Bay Golf Club. She recorded a 6-over 150 for the tournament.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,840 yds 72.1/131|
|Girls 16-18||6,029 yds. 74.5/134|
|Light Breeze||78 °F|
16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The Florida Junior Tour visits Eagle Harbor Golf Club for the 2019 season. Located just twenty miles south of Jacksonville, you will find Eagle Harbor GC in between Doctors Lake and the St. John's River. Hitting a straight ball is key to scoring low as penalty areas are a plenty on this Northeast Florida track.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 30th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, March 31st
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 904-269-9300 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Ranked by GolfWeek
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
2217 Eagle Harbor Pkwy
Orange Park, FL 32073
Click for Map