Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out
October 27-28, 2022
The Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out is one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship.
OCALA, Fla. – Brian Keenan and Michael Kelley took home the Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out title on Friday at the Country Club of Ocala, posting a 12-under 204 to win the championship by two strokes. The Super-Senior title was won by Walter Himelsbaugh and Andrew Padova, who finished at 13-under 203 on the week.
This year’s championship began on Thursday morning as teams competed in modified alternate shot. Frank Brady and Tom Myers shot 5-under 67 in their first round and held a five-shot lead over Keenan and Kelley and a seven-shot lead over the third-place team of Randy Kroen and John Madden.
In the Thursday afternoon scramble portion of the tournament, nine teams shot 7-under 65 or better. Keenan and Kelley were one of these teams, shooting an 8-under 64 to share a second-round lead with Brady and Myers at 8-under 136. Low round of the day went to William Ruegge and Bruce Sands, who scorched the course for a 12-under 60 and sat just two shots back of the leaders after the second round.
Teams teed up Friday morning in a four-ball format for the championship’s final round. Keenan and Kelley finished their week with a bogey-free 68 to secure the championship by two strokes. A final round 6-under 66 helped Bradley Rollinson and John Milton secure a runner-up finish at 10-under 206.
After the first round modified alternate shot, Dan Bogdan and Dan Gladman held a two-shot lead, firing a 2-under 70. This was good for a two-shot lead over two teams, Bob Levy and Steven Stuetzle as well as Himelsbaugh and Padova.
Peter Gibbons and Erick Holt shot an impressive 10-under 62 in the scramble portion Thursday afternoon to get into a tie for the lead at 8-under 136 with Levy and Stuetzle who shot a second-round 8-under 64. First-round leaders Bogdan and Gladman sat in a tie at 7-under 137 with Himelsbaugh and Padova, one shot back of the leaders.
In the final round, Himelsbaugh and Padova posted a 6-under 66 to secure a two-stroke victory. They finished two strokes ahead of three teams that tied for second place, Gibbons and Holt, Levy and Stuetzle, and finally James Starnes and Bert Kosup, who had the low round of the day with a 9-under 63.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Senior||6,424 yds. 72.0 / 135|
|Super-Senior||6,008 yds. 70.2 / 132|
|Sunny, Winds 5-10 mph||78 °F|
|Overcast, Winds 5-8 mph||75 °F|
Format: 54 holes of two-man stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA adult member at least 55 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $400 per team ($200 per player)
- 54 Holes of stroke play
- Maximum field size - 52 teams (104 players)
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Senior (55-64) & Super-Senior (65 & Over) Age Divisions
If a team consists of two players in both multiple age divisions, the team will play in the division of the youngest player on the team.
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot / Scramble / Four-Ball)
- Male amateur golfers age 55 or older as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be an adult member of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN, with index of 15.0 or lower
- $400 per team ($200 per player)
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Thursday, October 27th
- Morning Round - 8:00 AM shotgun - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included
- Afternoon Round - 1:15 PM shotgun - Two-Man Scramble
Friday, October 28th
- Final Round - 8:30 AM shotgun - Four-Ball (Two-Man Best-Ball)
- Playoff - For overall team Champion only. The format for the playoff is a sudden death play-off alternating with each form of play used for one hole (Modified Alternate-Shot, Scramble & Four-Ball). It is the team's responsibility to be present for any playoff.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,000 yards (Super-Senior) - 6,500 yards (Senior).
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $40 plus tax and includes cart and range balls prior to the round. Please call (352) 237-6644 to schedule your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Matt Jackson and Miles McConnell captured the Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out title on Saturday in wire-to-wire fashion at Buckhorn Springs Golf and Country Club, posting a 19-under 197 for the championship. Bobby Lundquist and Jerry Young took home the Super-Senior title, finishing the weekend at 8-under 208.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player MUST ride, with the player's clubs remaining on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in 4000 RCA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
any matter will be final.
There is currently no host hotel for this event.
Visa and MasterCard are accepted in the golf shop.
Country Club of Ocala
6823 SE 12th Circle
Ocala, FL 34480
Click here for directions.