FJT at Southwood GC (13-15)
March 9-10, 2019
TALLAHASSE, Fla. – Gloria Nip and Joshua Stewart captured Florida Junior Tour wins at Southwood Golf Club. This was the first Florida Junior Tour win for Stewart and the first win of the year for Nip.
Boys 13-15 Division
Stewart overcame a playoff to take home the victory in the Boys' Division. He and Campbell Kennedy finished the final round at even-par 144. Stewart birdied the first playoff hole to capture the first FJT win of his career.
The Winter Springs, Fla. native began the final round in second round, after shooting a 1-under 71 on Saturday. He posted a bogey-free front nine in the first round.
Stewart started the day with another bogey-free front nine on Sunday, posting two birdies. He finished with a final-round 1-over 73. Prior to this win, Stewart’s best FJT finish came at Mission Inn Resort, where he finished solo second.
Kennedy finished in second place, while Justin Burroughs secured third place at 1-over 145.
Girls 13-15 Division
Nip won the Girls’ Division with a 2-under 142. Heading into the final round, she was in a tie for first, following a first-round even-par 72. Starting on the 10th hole, Nip got off to a rocky start with a double bogey on her first hole. The Port St. Luice, Fla. native finished her first nine at 3-over. She fired a bogey-free back nine, with five birdies. Her birdie on the par-4 ninth hole secured the win for her.
Nip posted a final-round 2-under 70, the low round of the tournament. This was Nip’s first FJT win since October when she was victorious at Fairwinds Golf Club, and her sixth overall FJT win.
Gianna Clemente took home solo second place with a 1-under 142, while Angelica Holman finished third place at 1-over 145.
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 13-15)
- Southwood Golf Club - Tallahassee, Fla.
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 13-15: 6,669 yds. 72.2/125
- Girls 13-15: 5,603 yds. 71.9/121
- Breezy, 80 °F
- Breezy, 80 °F
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,669 yds. 72.2/125|
|Girls 13-15||5,603 yds. 71.9/121|
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The FJT visits Southwood Golf Club at least once every year and the tournament always has one of the strongest fields. Southwood is FSU's home course for the men's and women's golf teams and the coaches are almost always around during the tournament days watching potential recruits.
Travel to Tallahassee to compete on Southwood's tricky greens, then take advantage of being near FSU and tour the campus and historic city.
Southwood Golf Club is not a typical Florida-style course. Designed by Fred Couples, the par 72, 7,100+ layout consists of rolling fairways with some elevation changes and undulating putting greens.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 9th
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, March 10th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call 850-942-4653 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 star
- Winner receives 2 stars
- Top three finishers receive 1 star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
3750 Grove Park Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32311
Click for Map